Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last couple of days my ps2 has become rather picky on which games work on it. I recently bout 5 new games and each of them worked perfectly the first week or so then recently I noticed one certain game (the one ive been playing the most) started not loading. It would frequently stop in the middle of the game and say "Loading Disk Information" or something to that degree then a couple of second later it would start again like nothing happened. Yesterday it actually said that then didnt load at all after I waited about 10 min. I restarted the ps2 and loaded the game (after turning on and off a couple times so it could read the disk finally) then played. I turned the ps2 off last night and went to bed and about 20 min ago when I woke up I turned on the ps2 and loaded the game and it keeps going to the f'ing load screen for the ps2. I must have restarted and restarted 200 times since then and still nothing. I tried putting in another of my new games and it loaded like nothing was wrong. Ok. Tried another game. Loaded. Then back to the original game...nothing. Restarted another 10-20 times and still nothing. I know there cant be anything wrong with the cd cause I just bought it brand new. No scratches on it or anything. Its really started to tick me off cause ive been playing this game for almost a week straight now and im bout 10 min from going to the 2nd cd of the game and I have a feeling that cd will load fine. My ps2 is missing the front thingy on the cd drive cause it fell off a year or so ago while opening the drive. I think maybe dust might have gotten in there over time and thats what could be doing it but I just recently used almost a full can of compressed air on and around the ps2 and I dont think it did much. I'm about to move here in 2 days and god knows when ill be able to play my ps2 next and im bout ready to smash my ps2 upside someones head. Please, for the love of god, can someone help me with this? Or at least give me some pointers on what could help. My ps2 isnt modded. Its regular. I dont have the warranty anymore so I cant send it into Sony to get it fixed. Any help? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Try to get your hands on another disc of the same game and see if that disc loads. If it does, your disc needs replacement so take it back to the retailer. It being new doesn't mean it isn't defective. If it's the only game causing you problems the disc is a pretty big suspect.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Not a slim

My ps2 is missing the front thingy on the cd drive cause it fell off a year or so ago
its not a slim by the look of that, when i first read i thought i knew what was wrong due to him sayin the games stopped working, my ps2 died and i brought a slim last christmas (i sware sony did this on purpose lol) but more to the point, maybe your ps2 scratched the disk and you just havent looked properly? my old ps2 did the same to my NFS:U (great game) which kinda pissed me off. So one suggestion is to ask one of your friends who has a ps2 to let you try it in his, if it doesnt work then your ps2 has either scratched the disk or as myquitehead said the disk was faulty originally, but if the disk works in your mates ps2 then finish the first disk and see if the second works. Worth a try IMO but maybe thats just me, right before you fall asleep i had better stop typing....right......about.......now. :grin:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Missing the front thingy? Do you mean the CD front panel? If you do, I wouldn't be suprised if the lense was extremly dirty. Have you tried a Laser Lens Cleaner? You should check out a Post that I made here earlier.

Follow this link: PS2 Problems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.