Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Prolink GeForce 4 FX5200 128 MB DDR Video card and it worked fine for a good 2 weeks. Then after 2 weeks, for some strange reason, there would be this buzzing/whizzing noise coming out of the computer, so i began to investigate. I was sure it sounded like a fan that was "struggling" to spin. My processor fan was not making any noise, nor did my case fans, which leads me to think that its the video card fan thats causing the racket.
When i touch the video card, it vibrates quite a bit, thus i know that its the video card doing it. The fan "struggles" for about 30 seconds, then slowly fades away. When I look at the fan with a flashlight, it seems to be operating normally with no signs of slowing down.
Now I'm trying to look for another fan to replace the fan on the video card but all I could find are video card fans made for the TI 4200, 4600, and 4800. Are there fans for the FX5200? The video card works fine and there are no other problems whatsoever but I don't want any future problems to pop up because of the fan. Thanks!

BTW, the link to the picture of my video card:

http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage...15-15.jpg/14-108-115-12.JPG/14-108-115-14.JPG

Computer Stats:
P4 2.4 Ghz w/ 533 FSB
ECS L4VXA2 Mobo
140 GIG HD
512 MB PC2700 DDR
GeForce 4 FX5200 128 MB DDR

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
I have heard there are passive cooling pipes that can be attached to video processors. Then you don't need a fan at all. Have a search around the web.

If your card is so new, why don't you do a warranty exchange?

-clintfan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, supposedly the warranty from newegg.com expires in two weeks, which i have already passed. I'm sick and tired of sending the video card to prolink and taking forever to replace it or lost in the mail and the fact that i have to pay for shipping. THanks for the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.