Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My problem is my computer used to work fine,I have had a virus scan found nothing.

My programs will take a minute or two to load then if i close it and open it up again it only takes 5 seconds.It only started recently

It is getting really annoying.

The same thing happens when coming back from hiberation.

Specs are:
Amd Dual Core 4800+ X2
2GB Ram
250 HDD
125 HDD

Please Help Me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
This may be normal. Programs are sometimes loaded from disk and stored in RAM as they're loaded. If you try to restart the application while the data is still cached in RAM it will load much faster. However, if this only recently began happening, obviously something is wrong. Start by saying what you did just before these things started happening, like going to any new websites or installing a new program.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a disk boot failure that kept on happening,got that fixed then my computer went all slow took 10 mins to load now it's slowly going back to original state. which is a couple of minutes to boot.

but the main reason for this post is that if i wait any time between 5-10-15 minutes the same things happens it takes ages to load then if i exit it and go back in everything will load within seconds.

thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had a disk boot failure that kept on happening,got that fixed then my computer went all slow took 10 mins to load now it's slowly going back to original state. which is a couple of minutes to boot.
Do you know how your boot disk problem was fixed? If you do, try to describe it in as much detail as you can.

but the main reason for this post is that if i wait any time between 5-10-15 minutes the same things happens it takes ages to load then if i exit it and go back in everything will load within seconds.
That's totally normal if you have some sort of data cacheing software installed on your PC. The exact purpose of such a program is to make programs that take forever to load come up faster if you run them a lot while still keeping your system stable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.