Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

hmmm so i had a virus before and i posted a thread in spyware part of this forum and someone helped me get rid of it...laptop was then working fine until this morning

basically when i start it up something seems to crash on startup and my programs wont load...such as avg, intel pro wireless, bluetooth etc

when i login it loads my desktop and icons etc and i can see the programs loading up in the taskbar but then the taskbar and desktop icons disappear for a few seconds and then when it comes back i can only see my battery and network icons in taskbar

i cant connect to the internet...well i have to manually load intel pro wireless and connect to wireless network but it keeps disconnecting after every minute :upset:

i did a system restore back to 2 days ago when laptop was working fine..but it still doesn't load my programs on startup

i went to msconfig and set it to normal startup(it was on custom before as i disabled a few things like quicktime player etc for faster startup) this still doesn't make a difference :sigh:

oh yep one more thing...the other day my sister was using the laptop and while she was doing her work the taskbar disappeared and the icons on the desktop dissapeared but then i restarted it and they came back :4-dontkno

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
hey guys

my internet is working now..so i downloaded spybot search & destroy and ran that and removed what it found

i restarted my laptop and it still does some kind of crash at start up

it loads taskbar and desktop icons...then in the icon tray on the taskbar i see quicktime player icon and synaptics and then taskbar and desktop icons dissapear for few seconds and then return and i only see synaptics..battery and networking icons in the taskbar icon tray

i am suppose to be seeing quicktime and avg and bluetooth and dell network assistant...but those dont show up

i also have a problem with windows live messenger (but this is not set up to run at startup)...when i run it and login..it signs in and then crashes :upset: i have tried to repair installation and installed the new version but it still does the same thing :4-dontkno

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
update: i took a risk and ran combofix by myself and it deleted this file c:\windows\wio.uas

have no idea what that is but it fixed the problem...no more crashing on startup..everything loads as it should and it even made windows live messenger work :)

im not sure what i should e doing with my combofix log file so if any of the experts can tell me what do do next it'll be great :tongue:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.