Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, when turning on my computer, I first logged in Yahoo, but it couldn't. I thought it could be due to busy web! So when waiting, I turned on IE7 to see some webs, but it couldn't, too. When I turned it off, there was a message saying that "Not responding", but when I turned on other programs such as Window Media or Realplayer, the same phenomena happened! I couldn't open it, and when turning it off the same message "Not responding" appeared! But when clicking directly on the music file, it could run normally on Win Media, but when finishing, I turned Window Media off, the message "Not responding" appears again! All phenomena disappeared when I restarted my computer. I hope you can tell me the reason, is it because of my bad computer, or because of web or other reasons? Thanks alot in advance!:heartlove

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visiting Expert
3,258 Posts
Hi chemi

It sounds like your Internet service wasn't available. The reason that clicking directly on a music file played the music OK in Windows Media Player - is that those files were already there on your computer (and not on the Internet).

If you use a wireless connection to the Internet, you simply might have been out-of-range, or experiencing enough interference that the wireless signal wasn't strong enough. If you use a wired connection, your ISP might have had some maintenance work going on temporarily.

I would imagine that it's likely fine by now, yes?
. . . Gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.