Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill start with hardware specs. Im using a HP Pavilion dv2530ea, running Windows 7 Ultimate, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, T5250 @ 1.50GHz (Typing this off System Info, I havent really learnt anything about hardware, but I'm assuming this is all you need to know?).

Right, I have a 106gb hard drive, a few days ago I decided to install WoW after 2 years of not playing it, last time I played it required about 6gb to install, and I had about 8gb left so I thought I'd just install and it'd be fine, but no. As I began to install, I had a message saying I needed at least 10gb free, so I decided to wipe about 40gb of music and 5gb of software (since I was freeing up space I thought I'd delete things I didn't need!), and since doing so my laptop has turned on me.

The only changes made to my laptop have been the deletion of music and some un-needed software, and the installation of WoW, surely this wouldn't mess my laptop up?

So, after rebooting following the installation of WoW, I noticed that my CPU and weather 'gadget' had kind of disappeared, the icon to move them was still there, but the interface wasn't (I believe it's called an interface? haha). The CPU gadget was just like a small white box, and the weather one was just not there.

But this is the least of my problems. Since then (by the way, the WoW installation was 2 nights ago - Christmas night), well as of today, my Windows Media Player 12 refuses to work, the mouse cursor shows signs of loading for about a second, but the program doesn't open, I have googled but no luck with what's wrong.

About an hour ago I turned the laptop off to shower (let it cool down for a bit - HP Pavilion = overheat!!), when I turned it back on my Windows Live Messenger wouldn't start either! Its doing the same thing Windows Media Player is doing. I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong, hopefully someone here knows :)

And whilst I'm here, I have another issue, which may just be programming errors or my laptop could be screwed. When I bought this laptop about 2 years ago it had 2gb RAM installed, it used to be really fast, but recently it has been running pretty slow. So, whilst looking at System Information according to 'Glary Utilities' earlier (well as I started this post), I noticed 'Memory - 1024MB (Speed 667)', I'm not sure what the Speed part means, but according to the System Info in Windows control panel my installed memory is 2.00gb.. how is this possible? If anyone can help me with this too I'd be really, really grateful (especially if my laptop runs better haha).

Thanks for any help in advance :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.