Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a legitimate copy of Windows 8.
After I rebooted my laptop 3 days ago, when I open a program, it would take 3-5 minutes to load or it loads right away and once I click on the program it freezes and stops responding.
I have already ran virus scans, used CCleaner, AdwCleaner, MalwareBytes StartUpLite, ran hardware diagnostics and nothing works.
I ran my computer in safemode and all my programs came up and loaded fast.
By loaded I mean to be able to visually see it(GUI).
When I open something it'll be active in task manager but take forever to show up on my desktop.
This has been happening for 3 days, please help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try running in a Clean Boot. If that works, then add one startup item at a time until you find the culprit.
Ran in clean boot, everything still became slow and unresponsive(talking about programs).
But I think I found something that may help me, I ran in safe mode with no networking capabilities and everything worked normally but then I ran in safe mode with networking capabilities and everything started to be slow and unresponsive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok lets try a clean boot to troubleshoot How to perform a clean boot in Windows
I ran a clean boot earlier as stated from above.
Ran in clean boot, everything still became slow and unresponsive(talking about programs).
But I think I found something that may help me, I ran in safe mode with no networking capabilities and everything worked normally but then I ran in safe mode with networking capabilities and everything started to be slow and unresponsive.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,132 Posts
Go to Search, type in CMD, Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and reboot the computer. Check Disk will run through 5 stages at the next bootup, it may take a while.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.