Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:smile: Hi all, new member to the forum and I have a frustrating problem that's driving me crazy.:eek:
My music match program all of a sudden doesn't want to shut down. Always worked fine and shut down in the past. Now I press the X button it shuts down and reopens in 30 seconds or so. I have to reboot to shut it off. Thought it might be some virus or spamware but none of my anti virus or adawre cought anything. Any suggestions.
Windows xp - pent 4 Dell, Music Match program.

Thanks,
TC

:1angel:

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSF :wave:

Does the program have an entry in services? (in Start>Run>type: services.msc hit enter, click extended tab and look for it)

I suspect it does. Put that to manual or stop it (rightclick>properties)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Program shutdown

:sigh: Hi Kalim,
did as you suggested, but could not find MusicMatch in the list under the extented tab. And I'm thinking, Woah, could it be just this simple -yes, not in my luck. What I don't want to do is rip out the entire program and reinstall. I'm hoping to avoid that mess.

Thanks Anyway,
If you have any other suggestions I sure would like to give them a shot.

TC

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Hi

What is it exactly.. Music Match Jukebox or MM OnDemand?

Yes, any piece of software only starts again after stopping if its linked to a service.. which will be registered under services.
Processes however can be killed instantly through Task manager.

Since music match is a service.. I'm thinking there will be its relating service in services.msc. Can you check again please, but this time exapand the "description" tab and look under there for it. It'll take a while though.

Can you also check Music match settings please, to see anything that relates to "open on browser startup" or "open on startup" etc.

I'm not sure why it would decide to stay open for no reason after quitting.. unless you have download or some action till pending. make sure you don't.

Never used the software, so I can't know much more, but I know how software operates on this OS and there isn't much difference there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rechecking

Hi Kalim,
this is Music Match Jukebox CD,DVD burner/player/online purchase program that came with the Dell. Used it before as well with an HP system, always impressed with it. This little glich just started a short while ago, so I was thinking either I did something inadvertant or a virus or spyware...

I will check the resourses again and check MM settings.

Thanks,
Will be in touch soon.
TC

·
Registered
58 Posts
This may not help but I had a problem with MMJB 7.5 immediately after installation of Internet Explorer 7. I couldn't start, uninstall or reinstall MMJB. I read on another forum about others that had this problem and everyone concluded that the two were not compatible for whatever reason. I uninstalled IE7 and MMJB works fine now.

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Very good point oldblush.

If you updated to IE7 recently, its causing many wide spread problems ranging form everything bar none. Uninstall it and then see how that goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.