Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides being in the list under system prefs->accounts->login items, how can a program run at startup? I have one app that is loading at startup that I don't want to get rid of, but I do want to stop it from running every time I boot the computer. It isn't listed under the login items list. What could it be?

Thanks

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It's called FKeyHandlerX, it's for the function keys on my tablet. It has a GUI that allows you to change the function key settings, but I'm not sure if it just does that or (as the name suggests) handles the messages from the keys on the tablet and converts them to their hotkey equivalents. Even if it does this, I really don't use those function keys so I don't mind not having the program running.

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,608 Posts
It's most likely a device driver, and hence why it doesn't show up in the startup items list. If you don't use the tablet, then run the uninstaller, or do as the readme says for uninstalling. If you still use the tablet, then you better leave it, or else your tablet may not work correctly.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tablet has two driver processes running behind the scenes in the processes list in activity monitor that really control the tablet. The tablet continues to work fine even after I quit FKeyHandlerX because it only handles the function keys. I was just hoping to figure out what was starting it up on login so I could disable that particular program because it shows up in the Dock and I'd just rather not have it there. If all else fails, I found an article one time on how to mod a plist to hide specific programs in the Dock, and I might do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.