Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

i've always had some trouble with some programs which are set to load at startup, which they do, but sometimes fail to appear on the systray. (now, specifically, kaspersky anti-virus but it's not the only one)

because it's not the only one, i'm thinking this would be a more general problem which happens with other programs. it's annoying to have to go to task manager, kill the process and then manually opening the program.

is there any solution to this? at least i would like, ultimately, to be able to open up a program which is already loaded as a process. can i do that?

btw, i'm using winXP which has been recently formatted, meaning, everything's in "order" (no apparent registry problems, spyware, that kind o' stuff!). the point is, as this has already happened in the past, i'm guessing some windows bug or problem, and not specifically my system, but u'r the wise ones :wink:

·
UK
1,142 Posts
Try this: right click on the time showing in the toolbar and select 'Toolbars' and 'Quicklaunch' ... this should create a new box on the toolbar to the right of the Start button ... then locate or create a shortcut for the program in question and drag or copy/paste it to the new box.

Another option is to uninstall and re-install the program in question, in the hope that on the second run it will install an icon in the systray.

Peter

·
Registered
107 Posts
There is a small arrow on the left side of the system tray that shows all apps if you click on it.

You can also right-click on the clock in the systray and click on 'Customise Notifications...'

The top of the list should be 'current items' running in the 'systray'. You can click on them and set each one to 'Always Show'. That way, they will always be shown.

Not sure if that is the issue, but sometimes the simple answer is the right one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tnks guys for your replies. alas, they won't solve the problem..

i did some researching and found out that this is an known issue, probably a bug of xp.

while it's not completely possible to fix it, there are some suggestions in the following site:

http://www.tech-pro.net/howto_013.html

tnks again []

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.