Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really do need help bad. The computer was working fine and I accidently turned off the power strip with my toe and when I waited and turned it back on the windows would start to load then the desktop would load but when the toolbar tries to finish loading, that "program error" message comes up. once it can't load the windows trieds to do it again and the same message comes up so there are 2 of them. It does this over and over.

I do not have a Windows NT disc or code so I can't use that because my friend used his dsisk to load windows on there but now he lives far away. I can't even boot in safe mode because it does the same there too. PLEASE HELP SOON!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
What programs error when you start up?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's basically a box that says...

Program Error

<process has already been closed> Has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart program.

An error log is being created

then this comes up over and over again and widows will not continue to fully boot up.

Ruzzy said:
What programs error when you start up?

·
Registered
255 Posts
hmm, as windows wont boot then... er.. To be able to help ill need to no wat program(s) close, but if u can still access Task Manager and use the New Task (im not sure if it exsists on NT though) and restart the terminated programs, that might help...

For example if you get

explorer.exe has blah blah....

go to the task manager and click new task and enter "explorer.exe" and it should start explorer again.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok the task manager is the only thing I can use when it's in this state but I can boot it up in windows 98 but the color is messed up and I can't change the color bit but I can't get to the programs on NT.

I'll try what you said but it's like the computer keeps rebooting having that error over and over again in NT. I'll try it on monday,,, I've been busy.

Ruzzy said:
hmm, as windows wont boot then... er.. To be able to help ill need to no wat program(s) close, but if u can still access Task Manager and use the New Task (im not sure if it exsists on NT though) and restart the terminated programs, that might help...

For example if you get

explorer.exe has blah blah....

go to the task manager and click new task and enter "explorer.exe" and it should start explorer again.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Alright then... good luck though

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still need to fix it though.. Windows 98 is messed up which is why we had NT put on it, but I still don't know how to fix it even though I can boot it up in windows 98.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Well, first off you'll need a legal operating system. If 98 came with your pc, then you're looking at a repair install at the least. It's fairly simple to do.

Just let us know if you have the 98 cd and license.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Do you have any valid OS for that machine? If not, you'll need to purchase one. Be careful that you're buying a valid (legit) license ... Go to newegg.com (a trustworthy source).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.