Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I try to open up internet explorer, seemingly nothing will happen. Then if I check in the task manager, it says that the process is running, but the actual Internet Explorer window itself doesn't open, and I can't figure out why it's doing that. Also, sometimes if I've had several IE windows open, it will freeze them or something, and I can't even open the task manager until I've closed most of them. Does anyone know why either of these things are happening? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
There are three main reasons why an IE process starts and cannot be found ....

1) The process is running embedded in another application. This can only be fixed by using the task manager to kill ALL IE processes, then it should start when you run it again.

2) Your computer has two monitors and IE is running on the one that is switched off (happens to me a lot).

3) IE remembers where your multiple monitors were when it last ran and does not check where they are when it starts. If you change the orientation of your monitors (move monitor 2 from the right of monitor 1 to the top of monitor 1) and IE opens in the global space off to the right instead of above the monitor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I only have one monitor, but I am usually opening IE through a button on my wireless keyboard that uses a shortcut set by a program called iTouch, would that be considered running as an embedded program and therefore be the problem?

·
TSF Emeritus
15,079 Posts
Hello :wave: ,
Have you tried not using the keyboard short cut?
And if you press Ctrl + Alt + Del and click on the tab process, is there anything there called IEXPLORE?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.