Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have started experiencing problems with a blue screen that reports a crash caused by rdbss.sys. The screen usually but not always appears upon closing down the PC, and then it can only be turned off by using the button (it freezes on the bluescreen).
Unfortunately, I have installed three programs recently and almost simultaneously (within a couple of days) and I wonder which could be the source of the problem.
The programs are AVG antivirus from Grisoft, I also had wide bandwidth internet installed on the computer (from a local provider, including physical installation and hardware), and I upgraded a game to a newer version using a patch (specifically Warlords Battlecry III).
The bluescreen crashes do seem to happen after the game has suffered some sort of choke or crash, but I still wonder if it could be an incompatibility with the antivirus, for instance, or with the internet installation (I am not playing the game online, but as I understand that with these internet options the computer is technically connected all the time even if you are not navigating or checking e-mail, it could be something with the game trying to connect itself... :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, SP2. Other specs: Dell Dimension 8250, 2.0 Ghz, 640 Ram, 5.5 Gb free on hard disk, XP Home edition, GeForce 6800 video.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.