Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im new to this forum so go easy on me = )
I bought this videocard from a friend, its a .. look in the title. I installed it ok and updated driver, works ok for some time but after the graphics become all un stable and my pc crash. Some told be it could be because of the heat. It could be that cause the 30 mm fan on it was broken but I added thermal paste to the card and put a 80 mm fan on each side of the card. Now that should cool it up right? But I still have the same problem. :dead:

Here's my super uber cool pc: -razz:

Pentium 3 997Mhz :)
512 Ram
40 gig hdd

Oh and when I intalled the card, it told something that it didnt pass the windows logo test or something but i click continue anyway.. Why wouldn't this graphic card not be ok for windows xp?? and how could I fix it if that is the prob? Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was thinking that maybe it could be the power supply. There is a switch behind my computer where its at 115V and I can switch it to 230V should I do it? after I turn off my comp of course.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
There is a switch behind my computer where its at 115V and I can switch it to 230V should I do it?
Definitely DON'T do that! The switch setting depends on what kind of AC lines you have in your area. Just leave it where it is.

Assuming you did a good job of reattaching the heatsink and you have two 80mm fans blowing on the card then it should be nice and cool. The problem is that a card running without a fan for a while can be permanently damaged. It depends on how long it ran and how hot it got. You can try underclocking the card with CoolBits (instructions here). If underclocking the card makes it run properly then the card has been damaged.

Oh and when I intalled the card, it told something that it didnt pass the windows logo test or something but i click continue anyway..
That shouldn't happen for release drivers from NVIDIA. Beta drivers will probably do that but as long as you're getting your drivers from NVIDIA I wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.