Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I recently bought a new a new a7n8x asus Deluxe mobo, as well as a 512 stick of ddr 3200 corsair ram, a box that came with a 420 watt power supply and four case fans, a new dvd rom, and an athlon xp 2800 chip. As well as all those I am using a Xtasy geforce 4 ti 4600, and a 80gb Maxtor hard drive. My problem is a bunch of problems really, but I THINK they can all be brought back to one source. Anyways to the point my problem is that when I go to install windows XP Home I get a bunch of errors conserning missing dll files on the CD. If I choose retry it seems to go through no problem, but I get a number of them and I believe they are the root of my larger problem. My larger problem is once XP is installed I get all sorts of corrupted file errors whenever I try to run something I've downloaded, or transfered threw our home network from my backups from my old system. I also get lots of errors saying I don't have enough file space, or I have a corrupted cabinet file. I have formated probably 8 times trying to get this to work. I also have switched out to another hard drive, a different CD rom drive, and have tried using a different XP CD. Could somebody please help me? I am really looking forward to getting this going, and the sooner this gets running properly the better :). Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This sounds more like a WinXP problem than a motherboard problem. Try reposting the issue on the WinXP forum and see what you get. The only other thing I would check is if there are any scratches on the CD itself. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks :), one thing though it couldn't be the scratches on the cd as i have used two different CD's, but I'll take your advice and try the xp forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bad optical reader?

Could be your CD/DVD drive may be bad and not properly reading the WinXP CD. If you are using an OEM copy of XP, this too could be the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.