Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, can anyone tell me how to get rid of
"PAD Lookups by n-CASE"?
I successfully removed "Interstitial Ad Delivery by n-CASE", but when I try to get rid of "PAD Lookups by n-CASE" it just wont go away.
Also, is it okay to delete "msbb" because Ive gone into msconfig and unchecked the box beside msbb in Startup but another one keeps appearing with the box checked?

Very grateful if anyone can help me

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
hello there,
how did you try to get rid of PAD lookups....trough add-remove programs ? and when you say it wont go away, does it give you any kind of error message when you try to remove it or no ?

btw, welcome to Tech Support Forums !!! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello there merlin,

When I go into Add/Remove programs and click on PAD look-ups by n-CASE, it says I must be connected to the internet to complete the uninstall and then when I click ok (whilst still connected to the internet) the Add/Remove Programs Properties box just reappears as if nothing has happened??

I had the same problem with "Interstitial Ad Delivery by n-CASE", where when I tried to remove it, I got the same message pop-up that said I must be connected to the internet to complete the uninstall, but with this one, when I clicked ok I got directed to the 180solutions website where I downloaded an uninstaller which successfully removed it from the Add/Remove Programs list.

·
Registered
17 Posts
as a last resort, (not sure if you fixed this or not), and if you have a little experience....open regedit and search for n-case or ncase or something along those lines, and delete the keys.

NOW BE CAREFULL, the only reason I'm even remotely suggesting this is because of how frustrating those types of programs can be. On an old computer I got so frustrated with the pop up adds crashing all my other programs that i went into the registry and deleted everything tied to "gator" or "gaim" after unsuccessfully removing it from Add/Remove programs. The pop up adds compeletly stopped.

If you are not positive its associated with this n-Case, then leave it alone in the registry. But just know that this is a final thing to try.

PS Im probably gonna be yelled at by someone for suggesting this...:winking: ....good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Get ad aware 6.0

Hi,
I have had similar problems with pop-ups including n-case, whazit & gain. I found Ad aware 6.0 recommended on KaZaA. Downloaded it and it zapped all my adware and it has'nt come back. I would be interested to know what anyone else thinks about Ad-aware. Good luck and I hope it works for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ad-Aware and SpyBot

I recommend Ad-Aware too, but first install and run the free "SpyBot Search and Destroy" by PepiMK Software. They both find stuff that the other doesn't, SpyBot scans much faster, and you won't have to click on so many things to remove in Ad-Aware because Spybot has them checked for removal by default. Either way, remember to update the reference/definition/signature files for both before starting their scans.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ltd computer experience, much problems

I'm hoping that someone will have the answers I need.

First I had that n-Case problem that annoyed a million of us. I took the great advice of some of you guys. I downloaded "Spybot Search and Destroy" and "Ad-aware 6". n-Case was finally deleted. One thing though, I don't know how to update the preference as adviced by member cfrankbernard. I scanned without doing that (I was so desperate). Do I still need to do that for future scans? If so how?

Next problem: This is a few days old now. When I open Outlook Express it sometimes doesn't automatically go to my inbox anymore (page is blank). But the real problem is a pop up error message states "There was an error opening this message. There is not enough memory." I'm unable to access my e-mails (the error does not appear a few times).

Help if you can! Anyone?????????????

·
Registered
5 Posts
updating reference/definition/signature files

While connected to the Internet...

Ad-Aware v6:

Start the program and click the fourth botton at the top that looks like a magnifying glass on the Earth. (The tooltip will say "Open WebUpdate" if you hover your mouse over the button.)

SpyBot - Search & Destroy 1.2:

In the Start Menu - Progams - "SpyBot - Search & Destroy" folder (the default folder created during installation) there are two icons to start SpyBot: advanced mode and easy mode.
If you click the easy mode icon, there should be an "Update" button on the left. While connected to the Internet, click "Search for updates" at the top and then when the available updates are listed, click "Download updates" just next to that.
If you click the advanced mode icon, you can either click "Spybot-S&D" on the left and then click the "Search for updates" button at the top, or you can click the "Online" button on the left and then click the "Search for updates" button in the top-center area.

Outlook Express errors:

Regarding the Outlook Express error, I would first make sure you have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed, which includes Outlook Express. The latest version is still IE 6 SP1:
http://microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp
or
http://microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.asp

Afterwords, I would go to:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
and download all the Critical Updates.

If you find the Critical Updates are too many/ too large, perhaps you don't have the latest Service Pack (a huge file containing all major bug fixes since the "gold" version of the CD was first released) for your version of Windows installed. WinXP is now at SP1 and Win2000 is at SP4.

Here's a good link to check for Service Packs on Microsoft's website:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/
Hi-light "Downloads" on the left and then click on "Service Packs"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi iyharoots,
A friend of mine has just had a similar problem with e-mail programs.(outlook express & incredimail). After much experimenting he found that a freeware program caled Zone alarm was causing some kind of conflict. This is not my advice, it comes from one of those so called clever guys in a shop who just want your money. They say that some freeware programs can conflict with your applications. Does anyone else know if this is the case? If so can you be more specific as to which ones.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Firewall and other software updates

Make sure you have the latest versions of all installed and running software and hardware/device drivers.
Zone Alarm
Sygate Personal Firewall I prefer this over all the other free firewall versions I've used and read about.
Outpost Another really good free firewall to compare with Sygate's.
I think Symantec's Norton Personal Firewall is the best non-free firewall for Windows. You can buy it bundled with Norton AntiVirus in their single-solution NIS package: Norton Internet Security. You can search for NIS 2003 in both of the following websites to find the best online price: PriceWatch and PriceGrabber

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks guys,

This is an amazing site with amazing people. Spybot & Ad-aware detected a few viruses and deleted them. I have updated and scanned as per cfrank (thanks a mil). I'm not sure if the problem with outlook express is related to another program on my system but I will review it in the next few days.

Thanks a mil guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.