Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently built my first system everything went well with the exception of getting my old Office jet 600 back on line. The orginal start up disc did not have the drivers for winXP so I purchased a new start up disc from HP for winXP. When I tried to install it I got the message that a previous version of the software exists. When I went to " uninstall software " and tried to remove it. I got a message that the following file is missing and I can't complete the uninstall " C:\Program Files|Hewlett-Packard\HP Officejet Series 600\uninst.Isu " . I really need to be able to send and recieve faxes etc... and I still haven't figured out what I need to do.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
You do realize that you could have just downloaded the drivers, right? No sense in having to pay for drivers if they can be found on the manufactuer's website.

Try and delete the Hewlett-Packard folder, then try to install the drivers. If it says that the files are in use, then turn off the printer and kill any running processes related to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have run a search and deleted everything that I can find that is related to the Officejet. The message I get when I try to install the new drivers is that it is detecting another version of the software and for me to delete it before continueing.I go to add or remove programs and try to remove it and I get this message C:\Program Files|Hewlett-Packard\HP Officejet Series 600\uninst.Isu file is missing can't uninstall. :4-dontkno

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.