Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i try to run a program as another user, which in my case is \Administrator i get the error

Unable to log on:
Logon failure: user account restriction. Possible reasons are blank passwords not allowed, logon hour restrictions, or a policy restriction has been enforced.

i think that's messed up, cus my account is aslo as a computer administrator,

also when i try to log as \Administrator from teh logon screen by using Ctrl+Alt+Delete i type Administrator+passowrd and i get an error as well,

anyone know a way around this?
thanx in advance

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I assume you are using XP Professional? Is your computer connected to a network? Did you fool around with any group policy settings?

Try to log in with the built-in Administrator account. At the login screen, press ctrl+alt+del twice. Change the username to Administrator, and leave the password field blank (unless you set a password for this account, which is probably not likely).

If you are using XP Home, you will need to boot into Safe Mode to use the built-in Administrator account with a blank password.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm using windowsXp home. that means i can only log in the Administrator built-in account using safe mode?

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i use the safe mode a lot, my question was if i can use the administrators account as a regular one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.