Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
H all! Today morning I tried to download E-set antivirus which blocked my Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. My comp is connected to network on normal bases but everytime when I click on IE or MF icon I get the following message:
Windows cannot find 'C:/Program Files(x8))/Internet Explorer/iexplore.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
How can I fix it?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To Daifne.
I tried to uninstall E-Set right away using Add or Remove Programs which shouldn't be done. Now I can't run their removal tool because E-Set was deleted but the path is still messed up.
To Matt.
Yes I can open exe files and that's how I'm using explorer. But the thing is that I cannot redownload Adobe Flash Player which was deleted due "Return to earlier point" system recovery option.
Thank you very much for trying to help me with this.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I think so.
I tried to go to Registry Editor <hkey_local_machine/ software/ Microsoft/ windowsNT/ current version/ image file execution options> to delete explorer.exe but it is not there. The only thing I see is folder named IEinstal.exe
Yesterday I ran full scan with Microsoft Security Essentials and another full scan using a tool from official Microsoft website - no viruses found.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.