Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,I m new on this forum,I m sorry for my english,I m italian I hope that u can understain my problems in spite of my english!So,here you have my problem:

Yesterday I was working on my laptop,a Travelmate with a burning unit when I deleted some partitions (the first one was a linux part , the second one was a fat 32 with WinME installed inside) using Fdisk from a dos boot floppy because I wanted to install on my laptop in a new partition Win XP.
when I tried to startup the laptop from the boot cd of win XP nothing happened,cd drive was not working!!!It was not a bios's startup order problem,I tried to changhe the order from bios putting first the cd but nothing happened :4-dontkno
So without cd drive working the only OS that I could install was the old floppy based Win95 ver A of my first computer (a 486 m.y. 1995).From My computer on the desktop I cant use the cd despite from control panel/system/ the unit is working fine and is recognized as Matshuta udj330 like in effect it is!!!however when I try to explore the cd i get the error NOT READ !This isnt a driver problem ,I tried to install a floppy based 98lite copy of win98 and the problem its the same!!!!What can I do to be able to use the cd rom drive?!!Without the cd I cant install the WinXp os or use linux based live-cd distro!

Here you have the link to a problem similar but insolved: :cry:

http://www.google.it/url?sa=t&ct=re...ter/topic/56703-1.html&ei=N-cAQ7LYJc26RdON5Tw

please help me :grin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.