Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Dear Glaswegian has told me to come here and post my log.
More info on the problem in this thread, if it so pleases you.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f11...antivirus-and-internet-136356.html#post767355
Thanks alot in advance for your help!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:56:44 PM, on 1/22/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.il/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://nfo.co.il
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Smapp] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [eMuleAutoStart] C:\Program Files\NFO.co.il\Fire eMule 7\eMule.exe -AutoStart
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Synchronizer.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AdobeCollabSync.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4A2A71DC-905D-4DD6-8CF2-D76C8DD4BD00}: NameServer = 85.255.116.125,85.255.112.109
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.116.125 85.255.112.109
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.116.125 85.255.112.109
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.116.125 85.255.112.109
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,197 Posts
Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before begining the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

This is but Round 1 of what could be several posts. Please stick with it to the end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may want to print out these instructions for reference, since you will have to restart your computer during the fix.

Please download FixWareout from one of these sites:
http://downloads.subratam.org/Fixwareout.exe
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/lonny/Fixwareout.exe

Save it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, make sure "Run fixit" is checked and click Finish.
The fix will begin; follow the prompts. You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may take longer than usual to load; this is normal.

Once the desktop loads a text file will open (report.txt), you can close it - the file has already been saved.

Run HijackThis. Click "Do a System Scan Only", and place a check next to the following items (if found):

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4A2A71DC-905D-4DD6-8CF2-D76C8DD4BD00}: NameServer = 85.255.116.125,85.255.112.109
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.116.125 85.255.112.109
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.116.125 85.255.112.109
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.116.125 85.255.112.109

Click FIX CHECKED. Close HijackThis.

Finally, please post the contents of the text file that opened earlier (you can find it at C:\fixwareout\report.txt ), along with a new HijackThis log into this topic. Let me know of the condition of your system.

**If you receive an error message while trying to run FixWareout, copy autoexec.nt from the C:\WINDOWS\repair folder to C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder, and run FixWareout again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a buch!
I did what you told me and behold, the AVG now updates normally!
The internet problems persist, but I think that's a wholle other thing, and I should probably post it somewhere else.
Anyhow, here is the HJT log:

Scan saved at 9:16:39 PM, on 1/23/2007

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://nfo.co.il
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [eMuleAutoStart] C:\Program Files\NFO.co.il\Fire eMule 7\eMule.exe -AutoStart
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Synchronizer.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AdobeCollabSync.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

And the Fix report thing:

Fixwareout
Last edited 1/14/2006
Post this report in the forums please
Prerun check
»»»»» HKLM run and Winlogon System values
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kdaiw.exe will be moved to C:\WINDOWS\temp\kdaiw.ren at reboot.
»»»»» System restarted
Reg Entries that were deleted
Random Runs removed from HKLM

PLEASE NOTE, There WILL be LEGITIMATE FILES LISTED. IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHAT IT IS LEAVE THEM ALONE.

»»»»» Searching by size/names...

»»»»»
Search five digit cs, dm kd and jb files.
This WILL/CAN also list Legit Files, Submit them at Virustotal

Other suspects.

»»»»» Misc files.

»»»»» Checking for older varients covered by the Rem3 tool.

»»»»» Postrun check
»»»»» HKLM run
»»»»» Winlogon System value
"system"=""
»»»»»

Thanks again, and if you think there is still things to be done about the internet problems than please tell me what\ direct me to the right place to ask...
Also, if the problem shall happen again, should I post a HJT log again or can I repeat what I did here?
With thanks,
Akodo

·
52,197 Posts
We're not quite done yet. This infection is known to affect internet connections. Can you be more specific as to any remaining internet issues after this fix, please?

Before begining the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please go to Start -> Control Panel. If you are using Windows XP's Category View, select the Network and Internet Connections category otherwise double click on Network Connections. Then right click on your default connection, usually Local Area Connection or Dial-up Connection if you are using Dial-up, and left click on properties. Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item and select the radio button that says Obtain DNS servers automatically. Click OK twice, and restart your computer.

Press OK twice to get out of the properties screen and reboot if it asks.
That option might not be available one some systems
Next Go start run type cmd and hit OK
type
ipconfig /flushdns
then hit enter, type exit hit enter
(that space between g and / is needed)

I see you have AVG Anti-Spyware already. Please update it's definitions, and run a scan where I have placed it in this fix.

Run AVG Anti-Spyware
  • From the main screen, click on update, then click the Start
    update
    button.
  • After the update finishes (the status bar at the bottom will display "Update
    successful")
  • select the "Settings" tab.
  • Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
  • Under "Reports"
  • Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
  • Un-Select "Only if threats were found"
  • Exit AVG Anti-Spyware. DO NOT scan yet.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only

• Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
    Under Main choose: Select All
    Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browser
  • Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browser
  • Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key repeatedly until a menu shows up (and choose Safe Mode from the list). In some systems, this may be the F5 key, so try that if F8 doesn't work. Login on your usual account. Make sure to close any open browsers.

Run AVG Anti-Spyware with it's updated definitions:(...it's important that all windows must be closed)
  • Click Scanner
  • Click on the Scan tab
  • Click Complete System Scan to begin scanning.
    Once the scan is complete do the following:
  • If you have any infections you will prompted, then select "Apply all actions"
  • Once finished, click the Save report button, then click Save Report As and save it to your desktop. (make sure to remember where you saved that file, this is important).

Restart in normal mode.

Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan
  1. Click on
    located at the bottom of the page.
  2. A "pop up" window will appear. * Please ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it *
  3. Enter your e-mail address, country, and state & click "Free Online Scan" *The download of the 8 MB Panda's ActiveX control will take place*
Begin the scan by selecting
  • If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report.
  • Please ignore any entry it finds and the offer to buy the program to remove the entry, as we will address this later.
  • Click on
    then click
* You needn't remain online while it's doing the scan but you have to re-connect after it has finished to see the report.
* Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

Open Hijack This and click on 'Do a System Scan and save a Logfile'. Save the log file and post it here.

Please return with results from:

AVG Anti-Spyware
Panda online scan
HJT

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All the internet problems persist... both the can't get into certain websites, and that instead of going to certain websites it sends me into sites of quastionable context (Adult, gambling...).
I'll preform what you told me to here and tell you how it went.
Thanks again

·
52,197 Posts
Thanks, the question was how internet connection would be after the fix.

Can you be more specific as to any remaining internet issues after this fix, please?
Let me know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My internet is working fine, I haven't noticed any loss of function or speed...
Anyway, I did what you told me except for the panda test... for some reason, my internet just refuses to load the site, just like my example of Amoka.net... and I know its not malware related since it has been so from the start... just odd.

Anyway, here's the HJT log:
Scan saved at 12:16:48 AM, on 1/24/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.il/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

and the AVG log:
---------------------------------------------------------
AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 12:00:33 AM 1/24/2007

+ Scan result:

:mozilla.9:C:\Documents and Settings\Gonen\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\uyn3vx8b.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Masterstats : Cleaned.

::Report end

Thanks thus far, notify me if I should take any more steps...

·
52,197 Posts
Just so you know, amoka.net does not load for me either....only a cached version of the page loads. So there may be issues with that particular website.

http://www.amoka-net.ru/eng/news.html does work, but I'm not sure if this is the same entity.

See this thread for some details:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/al...5c973eb6ab2/9a7fa0d6ee9f7f01#9a7fa0d6ee9f7f01

I'd like to try to get one online scan in.

Use either one of these, please.

Establish an internet connection & perform an online scan using Internet Explorer at http://www.kaspersky.com/service?chapter=161739400

Answer Yes, when prompted to install an ActiveX component.
  • The program will then begin downloading the latest definition files.
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Locate the Scan Settings button & configure to:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
      • Extended
    • Scan Options:
      • Scan Archives
        [*]Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK & have it scan My Computer
  • Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
  • Click the Save Report As button.
  • Select txt file from the dropdown menu, to save the file to your desktop so that you may post it in your next reply
* Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

Go here and do the BitDefender online virus scan.
  • Click "I Agree" to agree to the EULA.
  • Allow the ActiveX control to install when prompted.
  • Leave the scanning options at default and press "Click here to scan" to begin the scan.
  • Please refrain from using the computer until the scan is finished.
  • When the scan is finished, click on "Click here to export the scan results"
  • Save the report to your desktop then come back here and post it in your next reply.

Let me know how that goes....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn it!
My AVG doesn't want to update again!
Should I try and redo the things that solved it earlier? and will I really need to repeat them every few days?

·
52,197 Posts
It depends on what's causing the issue.

* Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/cureit.exe
  • Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file and Allow to run the express scan
  • This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
  • Once the short scan has finished, mark the drives that you want to scan.
  • Select all drives. A red dot shows which drives have been chosen.
  • Click the green arrow at the right, and the scan will start.
  • Click 'Yes to all' if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
  • When the scan has finished, look if you can click next icon next to the files found:
  • If so, click it and then click the next icon right below and select Move incurable as you'll see in next image:

This will move it to the %userprofile%\DoctorWeb\quarantaine-folder if it can't be cured. (this in case if we need samples)
  • After selecting, in the Dr.Web CureIt menu on top, click file and choose save report list
  • Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
  • Close Dr.Web Cureit.
  • Reboot your computer!! Because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web you saved previously in your next reply.

Post a new HijackThis log.

Have you done either of the online scans above?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That download like isn't working very well for me... an alternative would be much appreciated.

I did do an online test, and a HJT though:

KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Friday, January 26, 2007 6:16:16 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.83.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 26/01/2007
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 262275

Scan Settings
Scan using the following antivirus database extended
Scan Archives true
Scan Mail Bases false

Scan Target My Computer
A:\
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\

Scan Statistics
Total number of scanned objects 29448
Number of viruses found 0
Number of infected objects 0 / 0
Number of suspicious objects 0
Duration of the scan process 00:45:03

Infected Object Name Virus Name Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg7\Log\emc.log Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7log.log Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Grisoft\Avg7Data\avg7log.log.lck Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Gonen\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Gonen\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Gonen\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Gonen\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Gonen\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Gonen\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\Gonen\NTUSER.DAT.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{5B66B210-DD1C-4980-A9DE-F86D3D5A67C9}\RP25\change.log Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\fwdbglog.txt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\fwpktlog.txt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\GONEN-BA8794338.ldb Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\IAMDB.RDB Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\tvDebug.log Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Sti_Trace.log Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Temp\ZLT0269f.TMP Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\Temp\ZLT026a2.TMP Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\wiadebug.log Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\wiaservc.log Object is locked skipped

C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

And the HJT:
Scan saved at 7:01:58 PM, on 1/26/2007

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent] "C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe" --force_start_minimized
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partner/default/kavwebscan_unicode.cab

·
52,197 Posts
Are you still experiencing issues with your connection? Is it only with AVG? Is it the AVG Anti-Spyware, or AVG AntiVirus?

There's no malware showing in your logs any more.

Note:

P2P - I see you have P2P software ( BitTorrent and eMule ) installed on your machine. We are not here to pass judgment on file-sharing as a concept. However, we will warn you that engaging in this activity and having this kind of software installed on your machine will always make you more susceptible to re-infections. It may be contributing to your current situation. This page will give you further information.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its AVG anti-virus, the anti spyware is working fine, and yes, the antivirus is sill now working proparly.
As for the p2p, I know it makes the computer more suseptable, but I don't think it has anything to do with the current problem since it started before my sister even downloaded them...

·
52,197 Posts
Its AVG anti-virus, the anti spyware is working fine, and yes, the antivirus is sill now working proparly.

As for the p2p, I know it makes the computer more suseptable, but I don't think it has anything to do with the current problem since it started before my sister even downloaded them...
I'm sorry to keep asking questions, but the above bolded statements can be taken as contradictory.

Is there a current issue with internet access with AVG Free? (the AntiVirus program)

And is it only this one program which has internet connection issues?

If so, a visit to the AVG support forum might be in order.

If this is the only issue, or if there are no remaining issues, please let me know. I'll have some final housekeeping and protection instructions for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Dang, that was a spelling mistake on my part, it should have been "Not" instead of "Now".
So, yes, the Antispyware is ok, no problems with it.
The Antivirus is still having problems with connecting to download updates for it.
Apart from that, I still have the problem that sends me into adult sites instead of the ones I attempt to connect... There has been no change on that problem from the start.
With thanks,
Akodo

Edit:
One thing though, I can't seem to find where to register to the AVG forum... I can't post there till than...

·
52,197 Posts
Can't see anything which would be causing redirects in your logs. Let's do this:

1. Download combofix.exe to your desktop.
  2. Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  3. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply.
Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

Please download this tool > http://www.kztechs.com/sreng/sreng2.zip

1. Extract it to Desktop & double click SREng.exe to run it

2. Select 'Smart Scan' & tick "Verify Digital Signatures"

3. Click on the [Scan] button

4. When finished, click on the [Save Reports] button & save the log to Desktop

5. Attach the log in your next reply. Dont post it. You may have to rename SREngLOG.log to SREngLOG.txt to upload it.

To register for the AVG Free Forum and other On-line Services, please go to the Information menu in your installed AVG Free and select Register Online.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.