Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble with ATI Radeon 9500 Pro(built by ATI) card on P4C800-E. No flickers or dots as described by other people but somehow I don't get good performance in some games such as Medal of Honor. It's just not smooth and quality is pretty poor. When I look at Sandra Max3 I can't even tell if the card is running at 8X. I am using the latest Catalyst driver from ATI Web Site. Can anyone help with setting any BIOS options for this card and what other utilities should I use? How do I make it run on 8X and make sure that everything is set right? I don't need to overclock at this point, just to get it running properly. Thanks.

My system:

P4C800-e
P4 2.8C
Corsair 512MB C2 PC3500 DDR RAM
350W Antec PS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
can't enable Fast Write or set AGP to 8X on ATI 9500

I installed the latest ATI driver and it has a SMARTGART feature which allows you to set AGP speed and enable Fast Write. The problem is that I can't set it to 8X or enable fast write. The settings are being reset when system restarts. Supposedly SMARTGART resets these settings based on my BIOS. How can this be if the AGP slot supports 8X and Fast Write. I amprettu sure that this is what's causing my performance issues. How can I make the card run on 8X with Fast Write? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, issue resolved, I insyalled Intel INF Chipset recognition drivers. Got them on Intel site. Supposedly these drivers should help the system properly recognize AGP and USB which it did. I run my Radeon 9500 on 8X now with Fast Write enabled. Havn't tried to overclock it yet but at least I know I am getting the performance that I should be getting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.