Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, first timer here...

I can't seem to get this worked out with any of the tech support people with AOL, gateway, the ISP, and even the network hardware manufacturer. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

I am running a local wireless network within my apartment and ever since we set it up we've had problems with AIM. I get on sometimes for a long time. Most of the time however i can only stay on for 20 mins or so at a time. Everytime it logs me off with the error message "Your buddy list and buddy icon are not currently available but are not lost, please try again later". I click ok and the program shuts down. Either that or there is a pause in the connectiion and when it tries to re-connect, it stops on the 3rd option which is starting services. After getting logged off i try to sign back on and it won't let me. Then i stubbled across my application data folder. When i open it i find an AIM folder with a bunch of cache files in it. Once i delete that folder i can sign back on but eventually i get kicked back off. AOL does not provide support so what am i supposed to do?! PLEASE HELP.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I use to have all kinds of problems when i was using AOL. That was 5 years ago and I would never use AOL again. Maybe what you should try is stop AOL and start using a local ISP and see what happens. You can always go back.

Good luck,

Laffctx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.