Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems connecting a wireless computer to an already existing wired network. I have a wireless router connected to my 20 port switch.

Its odd because I have connected a wireless computer to it with no problems, then i got rid of it and im trying a different computer and no luck at all.

I checked all firewalls and made sure things like anti virus and such arent blocking it. I am able to see all the computers on the wireless computers in my msoffice workgroup, even though under my network places it doesnt show anything on the wireless computer. On all the wired computers its not even showing the wireless computer under workgroup section.

I have spent pretty much all day using google and tools then finally came to this.

I have been trying to set it up with the network wizard on the wireless computer with no luck, i even tried using my flash drive and setting it up that way. Im not a pro at doing this, maybe i just got lucky the first time i attempted this (too bad that computer took a dive!:mad:

Im not really sure the correct procedure to even adding a computer to a network is (especially a wireless one to a wired network)

I know it should work, because like i said i have had a different computer setup on the network that was wireless until it took a dump. I havent changed any hardware or settings since then. It could just be the computer being stubborn, it is a p3 but i know it should work. Please help me guys!

Thank you

Joe

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.