Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just recently ive changed PCs, but as there were a few decent components in my old one, I thought Id salvage a few bits to put in my new PC. One of these was the Soundblaster Live! Platinum with Live Drive. Unfortunately, as im using Win2kpro, the installation CD that I got originally with the card no longer works (it refuses to run except on 95 or NT).

After realizing this, I took a look at soundblaster.com, and downloaded the latest drivers. They appear to be working ok, but the problem is that they appear to be only the most basic of drivers, and do not offer support for things such as Soundfonts. In fact, when I try to run AudioHQ, it tells me the card fails to initialise. (when I run creative diagnostic there are several parts of the card that are functioning fine and several that are not functioning at all). Id just like to know, what am I missing?

To reiterate, at the moment, all I have installed for the SB is the LiveDrvUni-Pack and the latest patch for it. Id really appreciate any help.

·
Citizen of the world
51,047 Posts
I have a SB Audigy in my closet after screwing around with the drivers for several months. They may have sorted them out now, it was some time ago that I retired it, but the blush is off the peach. I'm not impressed with Creative's products right now. :rolleyes:

G

·
I don't think Creative has made anything good for the past few years myself. I'm using a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz that I've had for a couple of years and I'm quite happy with it....:D

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
If you really want to keep the Live and chew up an extra drive bay, can't you call Creative and ask to buy a software update? I did that from HP for my tape drive some years back, and it was $10. Last year I bought CD Writer software from HP the same way, since the downloadable stuff wasn't complete enough, and it was also $10.

Worth a Creative phone call anyway. Might not be $10 but might be enough worth it. Here's the main ordering number, the same number is for ordering "Installation CD's"...

1-800-998-1000
9AM - 6PM Central Time, U.S.A. Monday - Friday
Closed Public Holidays

-clintfan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.