Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starts okay, gets as far as the windows XP logo being showing with the bar moving across at the bottom, then goes to the blue screen of death:

A problem has been deteched and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. etc.

Technical Information:

*** STOP : 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x824c0698, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)

Any ideas on what's wrong?
Sorry that there's not much information there. =X

·
Registered
428 Posts
Starts okay, gets as far as the windows XP logo being showing with the bar moving across at the bottom, then goes to the blue screen of death:

A problem has been deteched and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. etc.

Technical Information:

*** STOP : 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x824c0698, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)

Any ideas on what's wrong?
Sorry that there's not much information there. =X
Boot to the Recovery Console
Once you get a prompt, type chkdsk /r and hit enter

EDIT
Pay attention to the pictures in my link. The first 2 are for Windows 2000

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ack

I tried to get to the recovery console but then I just get a black screen and nothing happens (I can't type anything on that either).

The boot disk didn't impress the computer much either. It started to load up and then the screen just went blue (paler blue than the usual blue screen of death).

-

I've taken the HD out and I was thinking of buying an old external HD case to fit it in to. Then hooking that up to the PC I'm using now and seeing if I can't get to my stuff.

The thing is if I do that and the problem was with the HD then will that prevent me from being able to access the drive?
Really I don't care so much about the computer it's the stuff on the HD I need to get to.

·
Registered
428 Posts
You don't need an external enclosure, just slave it in the computer you are using now and see if you can access it. Recovery console should work, are you sure you followed the directions correctly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.