Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to upgrade the hard drive in a PC, and I keep running into the same problem using Norton Ghost 2003. The problem is that the image or clone will appear to copy fine, but when I try and boot from the new disk, the system will boot and Windows XP will start to load but it hangs just before the splash screen with the User Ids.

I've tried performing this on machines with XP Pro SP2 and XP Home SP2 editions and on different PCs and I have the same problem.

Is this a incompatibility problem with SP2 and Norton Ghost 2003. Or something added since WGA came out?

Thanks.

Mark

·
Banned
308 Posts
Hey,

Your problem is simple. When you're burning this .ISO file to a CD, you need to use the option "burn as image." This makes the CD a bootable image, you won't be able to boot from it without it. If your CD burning software does not have this option, you need to get software that has it, like NERO.

Regards,

Brandon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE:problems with Norton Ghost

Robert,

Thank you for your response. I was not trying to create a bootable image as I've always had difficulty with them. What I've tried was to load both drives into the PC, and used the Ghost to clone the first drive to the second. I've also burned an image to an external hard drive, and tried to restore it on another PC.

Every attempt has resulted in the same problem of the PC hanging at the blue Windows screen that appears just before loading the splash screen.

·
Banned
308 Posts
I'm not the most experienced with Norton Ghost even though I have a copy with it... I would think that you'd have to burn the ISO image to a CD and boot from it and have it put itself on to the new drive. In my limited experience, that's what I had to do. *edit* I don't have any experience going from drive to drive, but it seems like a process is missing... I don't think that you can just put an ISO image on a HDD and boot from it.

Regards,

Brandon

·
Registered
275 Posts
I wasn't aware that you could copy a drive to another drive with Ghost. I thought you could just burn an ISO image and make it bootable as Brandon mentioned.

That is of course with the exception of the corporate edition where you can prepare an image for a server and use RIS (remote installation service) to deploy the image, but that's another whole can of worms.

I either make that bootable image, or I use Acronis True Image to transfer directly to another HDD.

You mentioned trying to transfer to another machine. You might want to run the Microsoft tool Sysprep before you make your image with
Ghost when you do that.

If anyone is struggling with Sysprep, I'd be happy to post my Sysprep.inf file for you to copy/paste to save as your own .inf Notepad file. That's the only hard part of Sysprep; figuring out how to write that file.

I'm no expert in Ghost either, so I await correction... :4-thatsba :redface:

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think we need to ask a couple more questions here.

Is the ghost image from the same PC that you are trying to install the image on? For instance, computer 'A' is setup and running smooth.
You create a ghost image of computer 'A' as insurance.
Computer 'A' crashes or you upgrade the HDD in computer 'A' and want to use your ghost image.

OR...

Ghost image of computer 'A' will not properly load to a completely different computer (computer 'B' for instance). If you are trying to make a Win XP setup from computer 'A' work on computer 'B' you are going to have problems because computer 'A' will most likely have a different hardware configuration than computer 'B'.

If you are just trying to upgrade the HDD in computer 'A' then you might want to zero the drive and create a fresh partition and then try to copy the ghost image.

Lydokane

·
Registered
528 Posts
I wasn't aware that you could copy a drive to another drive with Ghost. I thought you could just burn an ISO image and make it bootable as Brandon mentioned.

Baker,

It has been a while since I used Ghost but I don't think that you can do a disk to disk clone. You can however, make a Ghost image of one HDD and save that image to another HDD or even a separate partition on the same HDD then copy that image to a different HDD. I think that is what markchristian is trying to do.

Lydokane

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi Lydokane,

You're right of course. I was seeing two things he said, in his second post.

One was: "What I've tried was to load both drives into the PC, and used the Ghost to clone the first drive to the second."

That I don't recall Ghost being able to do, but True Image can????

The second thing he said was: "I've also burned an image to an external hard drive, and tried to restore it on another PC."

If I recall correctly, and I may not :) Ghost can do the second. ?? It could also do the burn to a second internal hard drive?

In the first he says clone, and in the second he says image. Can Ghost do a direct clone like True Image can, without making an interim image? I don't recall that it can, but then I'm getting senile. :)

Or, maybe he's using clone and image interchangeably, without seeing the difference?

:4-dontkno

JB

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hi Lydokane,

The second thing he said was: "I've also burned an image to an external hard drive, and tried to restore it on another PC."

If I recall correctly, and I may not :) Ghost can do the second. ?? It could also do the burn to a second internal hard drive?

In the first he says clone, and in the second he says image. Can Ghost do a direct clone like True Image can, without making an interim image? I don't recall that it can, but then I'm getting senile. :)

Or, maybe he's using clone and image interchangeably, without seeing the difference?

:4-dontkno

JB
I think that he (markchristian) may have been using non-interchangeable terms interchangeably. --Try saying that real fast three times.--

Lydokane

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think that he (markchristian) may have been using non-interchangeable terms interchangeably. --Try saying that real fast three times.--

Lydokane
I couldn't even have typed it slowly.:4-dontkno

·
Enthusiast
4,527 Posts
Assuming this issue is as yet unresolved, I'd like to make some comments.

1. When creating a ghost image of a system partition (ie the partition containing Windows) you must create it in a pure DOS environment to avoid the problem of 'locked' files being omitted from the image. When Windows is running, all of the system files are locked. An image without system files is doomed to failure.

For this reason, Ghost 2003 is the one to use. Ghost 10 only runs in Windows and as such it's unsuitable for creating system images, whatever Symantec may claim to the contrary. The same applies to any similar product such as Acronis TrueImage. You must boot to DOS to create a system image.

2. A ghost image of an XP installation will only work if restored to the same PC it was created on. That restriction didn't apply to earlier versions of Windows, but it's a plain fact that Windows XP does not like being moved, whether it's via an image or direct transfer of the hard disk. It's got nothing to do with activation, it's just one of those things that XP won't tolerate.

·
Registered
23,001 Posts
Hi!
Another problem could be this: The new partition has to be the same size as the one cloned. At least that's an issue with older versions of Power quest drive image.

Nicholas

·
Registered
275 Posts
2. A ghost image of an XP installation will only work if restored to the same PC it was created on. That restriction didn't apply to earlier versions of Windows, but it's a plain fact that Windows XP does not like being moved, whether it's via an image or direct transfer of the hard disk. It's got nothing to do with activation, it's just one of those things that XP won't tolerate.
Right on. That's why I suggested earlier using Sysprep. If you run Sysprep on a box as it shuts down it will be stripped of its unique hardware info and its security identifier (SID) and then you can boot to a ghost floppy and get an image that can be transferred to another computer.

The only limitation is that the two computers must have the same Hardware Abstraction Layer. (HAL) That merely means that they must have the same cpu/mobo configuration (as in one single core cpu or two single core cpu's or one dual core... etc.) It doesn't mean that they must have the same brand or type or amount of hardware at all.

This is how manufacturers install xp to hundreds or thousands of new computers. They sure as heck don't have someone sit there and do a manual install of the OS, drivers, and all of their other bloatware on each machine.

I have several sysprepped ghost images of boxes with different HALs and I can install xp on almost any computer in less than 15 minutes. That install will already have Office, antivirus, winzip etc. and anything else I had installed on the original machine on it.

It will also retain all of my unique settings, such as classic desktop (or not) file and folder views, etc.

It will strip the product key.

At the end of the first reboot of the target machine, I just have to enter a computer name, join a domain or name a network, etc. and enter the product key from the COA. It's just as you get a brand new Dell machine.

The reason the complete install takes just about 15 minutes is because it's just the time it takes to transfer the contents of a CD(s) to the HDD.

My offer to post my sysprep.inf file still stands. It's the only hard part to get past to run sysprep.

JB

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi!
Another problem could be this: The new partition has to be the same size as the one cloned. At least that's an issue with older versions of Power quest drive image.

Nicholas
That's another good thing about sysprep. The sysprep.inf file, if properly done, will have syntax that instructs it to expand/contract the partition to the size of the target HDD.

JB

·
Registered
265 Posts
My offer to post my sysprep.inf file still stands. It's the only hard part to get past to run sysprep

Post it I would love to have it.....GaryD

·
Registered
275 Posts
My offer to post my sysprep.inf file still stands. It's the only hard part to get past to run sysprep

Post it I would love to have it.....GaryD
OK. glad to. There are three main versions of sysprep.exe. One is for xp pro or home with sp2, the other is for xp home or pro pre-sp2. The third is for windows 2000. You can find any with google, or on your xp or 2000 installation cd there will be one. Just pay attention to which version you have.

Frankly, I wouldn't bother using the pre-sp2 for xp. I simply wouldn't want to image that for future installation and then have to install sp-2.

get two files from your install cd; sysprep.exe and setupcl.exe. They are found in \Support\Tools\DEPLOY.CAB

Both of those files must be put in the same folder, %systemdrive%\Sysprep. %systemdrive% merely means "the root of the partition which holds your windows installation." In most cases that means C:.

So, make a folder called sysprep in the root of your C: drive; C:\sysprep. Put the two files in it.

Now copy my data, below into a Notepad file and save it as sysprep.inf. Put that file on a floppy.

When you run sysprep on a machine to prepare it for Ghosting, you run C:\sysprep.exe with the A:\sysprep.inf in the floppy drive.

After you start C:\sysprep.exe, the computer will slowly shut down. When it shuts of, it is prepped and ready for making the bootable image with Ghost.

When you run sysprep.exe you will be given some choices to make. I choose "Reseal."

Just one personal tip. Sometimes, even with identical HALs, sysprep will balk about going onto another computer. It has something to do with the CPU driver or "helper." I always go into device manager and delete the CPU before running sysprep.exe. I learned that somewhere and it works. Now, plug and play takes over and no more balks.

Remember, sysprep only works on computers with the same HALs (Hardware Abstraction Layers.) That merely means that the destination computer must have the same mobo/cpu type (not brand or speed) as the one from which the image was made. The same HAL means that both have a single core, single processor or single core but dual processors or dual core, single processor type mobo and cpu, etc. They do not have to have the same type or brand of other parts at all.

The hard disks don't have to be the same size because I wrote the syntax for that into the file, below. They do have to be the same type (but not brand) i.e. sata or ide.

You will have to install any missing drivers on the destination machine, duh.

Note that there are many blanks which you can complete such as time zone, workgroup name, etc. and avoid stops on the first boot. That's your call. You can change that info after the first boot of course if you forget and leave it. Note that I have the time zone set to Pacific; you can remove that number or change it. Note there are no spaces after the = and if there is a "" it is merely calling for you to put your answer between the quotes.

I have completed:
CountryCode=1
AreaCode=541

Because I am in code 1 (USA) and phone area code 541. Change all of this to your stuff.

Remember, sysprep will save any additional proggys you installed such as office or winzip, and will save your settings such as desktop and file/folder settings. This is all part of what makes it so handy to use.

OK, here is what you paste into Notepad and save as sysprep.inf. Don't save the ************ lines, just everything in between.

Have fun :)

JB

;SetupMgrTag

[GuiUnattended]

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
AutoLogon=No
AutoLogonCount
OEMSkipRegional=1
TimeZone=4

;Time zones:

;2 Hawaii
;3 Alaskan
;4 Pacific
;10 Mountain (U.S. and Canada)
;15 U.S. Mountain: Arizona
;20 Central (U.S. and Canada)
;25 Canada Central
;35 Eastern (U.S. and Canada)
;50 Atlantic (Canada)

[Unattended]

ExtendOemPartition=1
OemSkipEula=Yes
OEMSkipWelcome=1
OEMSkipRegional=1

[SetupData]

OSLoadOptionsVar = /NoIrqScan

[UserData]
ProductID=
FullName=""
OrgName=""
ComputerName=

[TapiLocation]
CountryCode=1
AreaCode=541

[SetupMgr]
DistFolder=C:\sysprep
DistShare=

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[SysPrep]

BuildMassStorageSection=Yes

[SysprepMassStorage]

PCMCIA\*PNP0600=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
*PNP0600=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCMCIA\KME-KXLC005-A99E=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCMCIA\_-NinjaATA--3768=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCMCIA\FUJITSU-IDE-PC_CARD-DDF2=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
*AZT0502=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\CC_0101=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_10B9&DEV_5215=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_10B9&DEV_5219=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_10B9&DEV_5229=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_1097&DEV_0038=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_0640=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_0646=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_0E11&DEV_AE33=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1222=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1230=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7010=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7111=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2411=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2421=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7199=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_1042&DEV_1000=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_0601=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_5513=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_10AD&DEV_0001=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_10AD&DEV_0150=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_4D33=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_0571=%systemroot%\inf\mshdc.inf
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1960&SUBSYS_11111028=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1960&SUBSYS_11121111=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1960&SUBSYS_11111111=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1960&SUBSYS_04671028=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
*ADP1540=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
*ADP1542=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
*ADP4215=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
DETECTEDIsa\aha154x=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
SPARROW_SCSI=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
DETECTED\sparrow=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
*ADP1502=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
*ADP1505=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
*ADP1510=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
*ADP1512=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
*ADP1515=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
*ADP1520=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
*ADP1522=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
*ADP3015=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
*ADP3215=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
*ADP6360=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
*ADP6370=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCMCIA\Adaptec__Inc.-APA-1460_SCSI_Host_Adapter-BE89=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.i
nf
PCMCIA\Adaptec__Inc.-APA-1460_SCSI_Host_Adapter-B67E=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.i
nf
PCMCIA\Adaptec__Inc.-APA-1460_SCSI_Host_Adapter-6F71=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.i
nf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5075=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5175=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5275=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5375=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5475=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5575=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5675=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5775=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5078=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5178=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5278=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5378=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5478=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5578=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5678=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_5778=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_7860=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_6078=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_6178=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_6278=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_6378=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_6478=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_6578=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_6778=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_7078=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_7178=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_7278=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_7478=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_7578=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_7678=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_7778=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_8078=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_8178=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_8278=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_8478=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_8578=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_8678=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_8778=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_8878=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_7891=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_7892=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_7896=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_7897=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_3B78=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_EC78=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_6075=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_6075&SUBSYS_75609004=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9004&DEV_3860=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0010=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0020=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0030=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_001F=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_002F=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_003F=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0050=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_0051=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_9005&DEV_005F=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
*FDC0000=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
DETECTEDPci\Fd16_700=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
FD16_700_SCSI=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_1036&DEV_0000=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
DETECTED\fd16_700=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
GEN_SCSIADAPTER=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_1014&DEV_002E=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCMCIA\IBM-PCMCIA_Portable_CD-ROM_Drive-84E3=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCMCIA\IBM-PCMCIA_CD-ROM_DRIVE_CD-400-5AFA=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCMCIA\IBM-PCMCIA_Portable_CD-ROM_Drive-84E2=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_1077&DEV_1020=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_1077&DEV_2100&SUBSYS_00011077=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_1077&DEV_1240=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_1077&DEV_1080=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0001=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0002=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0003=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0004=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0005=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0006=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_000B=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_000C=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_000D=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_000F=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_4D38=%systemroot%\inf\scsi.inf

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thank you very much baker421........
Welcome. I might have added that anything you leave blank will cause a stop at the first reboot of the destination computer. For instance, my file has:

[Unattended]

ExtendOemPartition=1
OemSkipEula=Yes
OEMSkipWelcome=1
OEMSkipRegional=1

Which all say Yes. 1 = yes and Yes = yes. There will be no stops to accept the Eula, etc.

However:

[UserData]
ProductID=
FullName=""
OrgName=""
ComputerName=

is all blank and will cause 4 stops for you to fill in the product ID code (from the COA) the user's name, Org. name and computer name.

If you fill those in it won't stop. Again, info goes after the = with no space, or between the "" quotes where called for. Some need the quotes and some don't, but I have them there for you.

JB

·
Registered
265 Posts
Welcome. I might have added that anything you leave blank will cause a stop at the first reboot of the destination computer. For instance, my file has:

[Unattended]

ExtendOemPartition=1
OemSkipEula=Yes
OEMSkipWelcome=1
OEMSkipRegional=1

Which all say Yes. 1 = yes and Yes = yes. There will be no stops to accept the Eula, etc.

However:

[UserData]
ProductID=
FullName=""
OrgName=""
ComputerName=

is all blank and will cause 4 stops for you to fill in the product ID code (from the COA) the user's name, Org. name and computer name.

If you fill those in it won't stop. Again, info goes after the = with no space, or between the "" quotes where called for. Some need the quotes and some don't, but I have them there for you.

JB
I spotted that right away and understood what to do thank you again

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.