Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Windows 2000 is full of errors and its about time to reformat the hard drive. I've done this many times before. I boot from cd first and then use their reformat program to reformat the Hard drive. Well, when I stick the disk in this time it says Disk I/O error= 000080000, then it reads the disk for another 5 minutes and repeats the same error over and over. I have never had this happen before and I am not sure why it would be happening now. Is there something wrong wtih my Hard Disk? Any help is greatly appreciated.

S

·
0 Posts
Hello FredGibson and welcome to the forums.......................:D

Whenever I have issues such as these I usually just wipe the drive by writing zero's to it by using one of the utilities that came on the floppy that came with your hard drive.
This will take some time but will be well worth it in the end..........:winkgrin:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I would get a Win98 or Win95 boot disk and boot from floppy. Something could be wrong with your CD or CD rom. Once you booted from the disk then you could fdisk it from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes i could FDISK it, but after i FDISK it and then i type in Format C: it says that it can not do that and terminates the format so I am left with just a blank hard drive. I dont know what is wrong with my hard drive or my system or software, or bios I am very confusedddddddddd

And about that 0000000 thing..... How do i do that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.