Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got it the computer I'd been having problems with up and running and am able to go in to install the O/S. Computer originally had Win95 on it, and then was upgraded to Win98 with a 98upgrade CD. Now, the problem that I am having is when I run setup and put the disks in when prompted, it skips from disk 5 to disk 8 or 9, then tells me that "Setup has searched the specified directory but cannot find any of the qualifying products." Am I correct in installing 95 before doing the 98 upgrade? When setup starts, it tells me I'm doing a Windows 98 setup. It is giving me the message during the Upgrade Compliance Check. I have entered the product keycode, when prompted on the previous screen, that came on the 98 upgrade disk.

My other question is, can I install a newer O/S without having to upgrade to it from the original 95?

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
you can go straight to installing the new op. system it will ask you to put in the previous op.system disk if it is an upgrade disk you are using to install with,to check you are entitled to the upgrade

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.