Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello I am new to this forum and I hope that I can be able to get help with the problem I am experiencing.

Just recently I have been trying to make a website using notepad to see if it would work once I start using templates, what I realized is that even though I named the file .HTML it would not come out properly in internet explorer. I realized that it was asking me for an html file and my file was coming out as a text file even though I named it .HTML.

I realized that when I tried changing my file to an html file in the "save as type" scroll, no file would come out but only/either text document or all files...I knew then that something was wrong because I know it is supposed to have a range of files to choose from like word document and html file and more/others but I dont have that either.

I really dont know why my computer is like this it is a dell xps and has windows xp so I dont know why this is going wrong but would apprceciate the help with this if anyone might know how to solve this problem.

Thank you!

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,884 Posts
I don't know that notepad supports html. I thought it only supported .txt. In other words, you could likely type html code in notepad, just not save it as html.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
select all files in the scroll list and end the name of the file with .html

Or in windows explorer (winkey + e) go to tools => folder options => view => untick "hide extensions for known file names". Apply to all folders and you'll be able to rename the extension part of your file if you double-click it (not a real double click, one click to select then wait 1 second and reclick to edit the name).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.