Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys... here we go... I installed Limewire a few weeks back... (stupidly, I know)... It installed a shared folder in the Documents and settings folder... Thats where it installed the downloaded music. Middle of a download, 'puter froze up... did a hard reboot... when came back up, all seemed normal. I tried to get into the folder to see what was there and what wasen't, and got a Data Execution Prevention message. Windows explorer was closed. Now, no matter what I have tried, or what I try to use. I get an error message, and eithr the program closes, or D.E.P. message comes up. I cannot even mouse over the folder, without the error coming up. List of things I have tried, in order as best I can recall, that hasen't worked...
Spyware scan:
Adaware- locked up when hit the file
Spybot- found nothing
Superantispyware- locked-up
Norton- locked up, closed program
Eraser- locked up, closed program

Boot up in safe mode- delete
Boot up in safe mode- all spyware scans- same as b4
Safe mode- Norton- locked up- closed
Safe mode- Right click send to, didnt work
Reboot to safe mode command prompt- back to root, up to shared, del shared, didn't happen
Rename folder- delete, didnt happen
Tried to compress into zip folder, didnt happen
I have tried to access/delete this folder every way I can dream of... and have prolly left some out from sheer frutration. Is there any way to open or simply delete this stupid folder??? Any help will be greatly appreciated guys... Thanx in advance... :)

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
If you can remember the date you installed limewire you can try and use System restore to a date before you installed it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In an effort to do this, I turned off system restore, someone told me there are temp files there that may be hiding, it didn't work, so I turned system restore back on... :( Will this affect the restore point as far as how far back I can restore it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.