Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My homepage was hijacked by the TROJ_KREPPER.AE trojan which kept my hompage as www.here4search. I went to trendmicro and deleted the trojan from my system and now i have no problems with my hompage but now I am still not able to visit many sites which i had previously visited regulary before being infected with the trojan. I am running windows xp and the latest norton antivirus. If anyone has any suggestions please reply thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,311 Posts
Welcome to TSF.

Please post these two logs for us to review:

Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Get HijackThis Analyzer and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in y if you agree. The result.txt file will open up in Notepad. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the forum. We do not need the original hijackthis.log (unless we ask for it). Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

Let's use a program to scan for any trojans that may exist. Download TDS-3. Learn how to use it here. Make sure to update it after you installed it. You can get the manual updates here. When you launch the program, it will scan your memory for running processes. This will take less than 30 seconds. Next go to System Testing on the menu and choose Full System Scan. After that's finished, post the log file by selecting everything on the top pane (select from bottom to top). If any alarms are found, it will be listed in the bottom window. Please copy and paste that here also if it applies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.