Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

I am hoping this is the right place to post this, sorry if t is not.

I am having problems with my homepage. I need to change some information on it, ( the contact information) but I dont know how to do this. The page was set up by someone else who has since departed the country and although I am the administrator with a password I dunno how to change the content of my top page. Here is the URL: Warren School Forum

I realise this is in japanese but I just need to change the information where it says the phone number and the email address to contact.

I will happily provide the access password to anyone who can help me!

thanks very much

Ash

·
TSF Team Emeritus
6,147 Posts
Go to My Computer, doubleclick in the address bar at the top, paste in ftp://ftp.warrenschool.jp and press enter.

It will ask for your username and password. After you log in you should see the contents of your website.

That contact area you wish to change appears to be an image, more specifically this one - /images/misc/top_phone.gif

Go to the Misc folder (in the Images one) and overwrite the image with one of identical size containing the right contact details that you have created.

Alternatively, go to the root (main) folder and download index.php to your computer. Open it with a text editor (notepad is fine) search for the reference to top_phone.gif, delete that bit and replace it with the updated contents in text form.

EDIT: On looking at the site again it appears you are using vBulletin forum software. I do not have any experience creating vBulletin forums, so my instructions above may or may not work. I would suggest having a look at vBulletin documentation or the control panel to see if there is a section relating to home page content.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
I will go ahead and hop in as well.

@reventon, vB is not installed to the root so your first suggestion will work.

Just to say it again, create an image with the correct phone and contact info name it top_phone.gif.

then go to ftp://warrenschool.jp/images/misc/ in your webbrowser.

It should prompt you to login.

once logged in drag your new picture into the folder and replace the original.

check online and the edit should be fixed :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Go to My Computer, doubleclick in the address bar at the top, paste in ftp://ftp.warrenschool.jp and press enter.

It will ask for your username and password. After you log in you should see the contents of your website.

That contact area you wish to change appears to be an image, more specifically this one - /images/misc/top_phone.gif

Go to the Misc folder (in the Images one) and overwrite the image with one of identical size containing the right contact details that you have created.

Alternatively, go to the root (main) folder and download index.php to your computer. Open it with a text editor (notepad is fine) search for the reference to top_phone.gif, delete that bit and replace it with the updated contents in text form.

EDIT: On looking at the site again it appears you are using vBulletin forum software. I do not have any experience creating vBulletin forums, so my instructions above may or may not work. I would suggest having a look at vBulletin documentation or the control panel to see if there is a section relating to home page content.
Thanks very much for your reply.

I tried your first suggestion, ad it would not let me log in. (if I am on the page itself it lets me log in no problem).

Your alternative idea, I am sorry but I do not know how to do this.

All I really want to do is just change this email address to the normal one I use.

Is there anyway you could do this for me? i will send my username and password if its possible.

regards

Ash

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.