Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

With all the virues and worms of late, I thought it would be a good idea to back-up my system, since I have never done it before. So a few days ago I try to back up my entire hard drive in Xp. I got through the back-up wizard I got the point where you tell it where you want to back-up to, and I want back to a CD-RW, so I choose my Cd drive but it would not back up to the drive. Does anyone know if Xp supports backing-up to a CD, or if there is something I am doing wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
It wouldn't fit on a CD or CDRW. I don't believe XP allows you to split the file either. I know alot of people use GHOST. I put MS Backup on a seperate partition.

S

·
0 Posts
Yes Sir Ghost is the way to go! I used to back up my hard drive to a second hard drive for restore purposes. Then I went out and bought Ghost 2003 and it was one of the best investments I have made to this day. It takes about 20 - 30 minutes to make a set of CD's and you can restore your whole hard drive in about the same amount of time.

It may be a good idea to check on Symantecs website to make sure your burner is compatable with Ghost.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
FWIW, my backup scheme is a pair of 120gig USB drives that I copy everything to. I also have a weekly GHOST image of my boot partition, and I save the latest 4 copies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.