Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new laptop. 3.8, 3 gigs of memory, 120 gig hdd. I went to start up my computer, and got a blue screen in the middle of the WinXP splash screen. 0x0000007B. I can't get into normal mode or safe mode. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Certain mobo running certain versions of the Prescott P4 cpu require a BIOS update before they are compaticble with SP2. On a few boards there is no BIOS update available and are 'not compatible with SP2'.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, i'm gonna try this again.

i just bought a laptop. when trying to turn it on, i get as far as the windows xp splash screen. then it blue screens. the code i get is 0x0000007e. does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to fix this problem?

thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when i try to get into windows, normal or safe mode, i get this message.

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

check for viruses on your computer. remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. run chkdsk /f to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.

technical information:

*** stop: 0x0000007b (0xbacd3524, 0xc000000e, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

since i can't get into windows, normal or safe mode, i used my recovery disk to see if i could repair windows enough to get in so i could check for viruses and such. when i get to the windows setup screen, i get no repair option. it also says i have no partitions on my disk. if i try to reinstall windows, i get this message.

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

check to be sure you have adequate disk space. if a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufaturer for driver updates. try changing video adapters.

check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates. disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

technical information:

*** stop: 0x0000008e )0xc0000005, 0xf7418cad, oxf6fd57e4, 0x00000000)

*** setupdd.sys - adress f7418cad base at f73ec000, datestamp 41107c8f

that any help?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.