Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 users on my computer. It works nice to keep all my junk seperated from everyone else but the problem is whoever was logged on 2nd cannot see any files in the DVD-RW drive (D) and with he regular DVD drive (E) I get the E;\ is not accessible message. To use these 2 drives I have to be logged on first or I have to log off the other user or I just have to access it as the other user.

Thanks in advance,
Dero

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm I guess this isnt a common problem.

Also... the title is supposed to say "drives" instead of "dives" Unfortunately i cant edit it.:4-dontkno

·
Superhuman Computer
1,632 Posts
I have this problem myself, have done for over a year now. I can't find a solution to it though, and I'm afraid it may be 'just one of those things' that hasn't been sorted with XP.

I'm still looking into it though, and if you can give me more info on your setup (home/pro, sp1/2, hardware spec, etc) I may get a little closer to tracking this down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have xp home with sp2. I am clueless about the combo drive and the dvd drives specs but if you mean the whole system it is a 3.2g p4, 512 megs, 225 gig HD, with a radeon 9200 card. Im not quite sure what those specs will give you but if you need it ill dig around for the optical drive specs.

Also its a sony made computer... possiblely some weird problem of theirs???

·
Superhuman Computer
1,632 Posts
Unlikely to be a problem with Sony computers, mine is completely custom built. I've got XP Pro, so it may be a problem with windows as a whole rather than just one part of it.

Alternatively, it could be noting to do with Windows at all.....

I'll keep checking, and I'll update this thread if I find anything more out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.