1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok...first off, I get an error message saying:
" Error loading C:\Windows\system32\NVMCTRAY.dll
The specified module could not be found"

Now, my computer is really messed up at the moment. I thought reformatting would fix the problem but it didn't help. Everytime I mess anything having anything to do with my video card, my computer starts blinking on and off and responding VERY slowly then shut offs and restarts by itself. For example, I try to DL a driver to try and fix the problem. After restart, at the windows xp loading screen I can see a few lines (kinda like how nintendo games used to get :p) like my computer screen is glitched...my desktop loads and I move my mouse and my screen flickers from black to desktop until it restarts. And it's still like this when the computer restarts.

It happens all the time, even when I just try to change my resolution or go to 32 bits. The only way to fix it temporarily is to go to safe mode, and uninstall the nvidia driver and reboot. But as soon as I do anything with anything to do with my graphics card I get the same problem.

Any suggestions? Also, I have no idea what the hell started the problem either. One day I started up my computer and all my icons didn't load, and it was freezing up forever and I couldn't even load windows properly. Just kind of frustrating because reformatting didn't help none...Anyways, thanks in advance.

PC specs:
windows xp
geforce ti 4600
512 mb ddr ram
amd athlon xp 2100+
motherboard - albatron kx400-8x

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've already told someone else the same thing. All geforce4 Ti XXXX have the same problem, if it was one of the first ones. They overheat and mess up. If it has been this way for a while, then you might have fryed your gpu. Trying cooling it down with a better heatsink, or maybe a new fan?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.