Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my P4C800 Deluxe 2 months ago because I thought it would come with as good quality as my other asus boards, I get bluescreens or the computer freezes randomly, everybody said bad ram, i have checked the memtest86 and the computer freezes, i have checked the memories in another computer and no errors occured, so it has to be my motherboard thats defect in some way. People talk about a solder problem, but I dont know what to do anymore...

Full Spec
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 800mhz fsb
Corsair 2xCMX512-3500C2 (wich is accepted by asus)
Asus P4C800 Deluxe
350 Watt power supply

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
Pleae check out this other recent thread, Asus P4C800 Deluxe-UAY NIC problems, where there was some success with tuning up Corsair memory. A lot of specific voltage and timing settings were given, with references also to memtest86.

Btw I think these Corsair's were the only PC3500 memory on Asus' list. I briefly considered them too, but the 875P chip only goes to DDR400, not the 433 which PC3500 gives you, so I didn't see much point. You've sort of got the only fish in the stream here, and I guess with that, comes some risk.

Hope this helps,

-clintfan

S

·
0 Posts
Hey clintfan you should go to work for Asus tech support, Your doin' a helluva good job here....................:winkgrin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now i am using my memory in 2-3-3-7-8
2.75 Volt

I can run 2 and ½ memtest86 runs, then it stops, no errors just stops, now i had my winamp, mirc and quakeworld started, leaved it be in 20 min came back, the computer had hanged itself.
WHYY???????

I cant identify this problem, either its my power supply that is giving bad power, or it is because the solder problem ?

i dont get any answers just questions.

im desperate.........

·
Registered
17 Posts
make sure turbo mode is set to standard and that you have the latest bios installed then see if your problems go away. If your getting blue screens does it give you a stop error? post the error which sometimes tells you what the problem may be. The turbo mode will overide your manually set timmings in the bios.

·
Registered
5 Posts
WaXmaN said:
Now i am using my memory in 2-3-3-7-8
2.75 Volt

This is the same as my experience. I can run my OCZ 3200 at
2-3-3-8 without issue. But If I go to it's rated 2-3-3-6 or to 2-3-3-7 it will begin to flake out during intensive operations like mpeg encoding.

How do I change the memory voltage?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
twobucks said:
try setting to standard and see if your problems go away thats what i had to do
Is there anything else I need to setup BEFORE i choose STANDARD , because my computer dont start with the STANDARD alternative selected, I get "Overclocking failed".

·
Registered
17 Posts
standard turns the overclocking off so i would suggest making sure your fsb is set correctly. if you have a 3.0c it should be set to 200. And make sure overclocking is turned off

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
twobucks said:
standard turns the overclocking off so i would suggest making sure your fsb is set correctly. if you have a 3.0c it should be set to 200. And make sure overclocking is turned off
In the jumpersetting option, i have Overcklocking set to standard
and turbo mode set to standard
it wont work

and besides
why cant i overclock? just a little? i bought this *** ram for 300 bucks just to do so.

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
Alright folks, I did a Yahoo search and came up with this OC thread, it had some useful BIOS screenshots, sounds like a working set of settings. Sounds like some members had the -E mobo, some the non-E. Maybe it'll help you, maybe not. FWIW.

Also in page 4 and the final page 11 of this Anandtech review, they discuss how far they were able to get with OC'ing the -E mobo. They also compare it to the non-E mobo, so you could go hunt down that review on their site also. Mostly generalizations though, not specific detail like in the above OC thread.

I wish you Good Luck, and May Your CPU Not Burn to a Crisp...

-clintfan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Under Configure system frequency/Voltage in the bios list all your settings. That's fine if you want to overclock but you first have to have a working machine to do that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.