Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi recently I have been having problems connecting to my wireless network at home. I have an inbuilt wireless card but it doesn't get a very good signal so I use a PCIMA wireless card.

This has worked fine for ages, up untill now. Basically, the card is detected, can search for networks and even finds someone elses wireless network, but not mine... Meanwhile, the internal card can still find and connect to my network. I made sure mac address filtering was off incase that caused a problem and I made sure my internal card was disabled but still same problem.

What's going on here?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi I assume by this you mean the WEP security? (don't have WPA). I disabled this but still no luck.

·
Citizen of the world
51,137 Posts
How about the make/model of the wireless card and the router in question? Also, when you view available networks, are you seeing yours in the list? Are you using the WZC client, or a 3rd party wireless client? Remember, if you have both of them running, it'll drive the wireless crazy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi.what's up?I use public a wireless network and propably they have a firewall
so we can't connect to P2P programs or download torrents.you know.
My question is if you have something in mind(software or something else) to
treat this problem.plese send me something.
This is a different issue. The answer to that problem is don't try hacking public networks so you can get your warez!

johnwill said:
How about the make/model of the wireless card and the router in question? Also, when you view available networks, are you seeing yours in the list? Are you using the WZC client, or a 3rd party wireless client? Remember, if you have both of them running, it'll drive the wireless crazy.
I am using the built in windows wireless config. I can't see my network when I view wireless networks (not with the PCIMA card anyway). As for the makes, the card is:

msi wireless 11b cb11b2

and the router is:

speedtouch 570

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.