Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded one of my newer machines to WinXP Pro from Win98 2nd ed. and I can't get it to go online now that it's XP. Everything looks fine with the ethernet card and I have it plugged into the router and everything for my DSL, but it's not letting me get a connection. I can log onto the local domain and see/access all other computers on it, but I can't ping the router or load up it's settings page in the browser. Is there any settings in WinXP that prevent you from going out of the network or something? Or anybody know how I might be able to fix this? I have another computer running WinXP Pro and it's not having this type of problem so I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to Tech Support Forums kungfoomasta..............:D

Have you powercycled your modem?

If so type command in the run box

Then type in: ipconfig /releaseall
Then: ipconfig /renewall
Now type: ipconfig /all

See if that works for you...................:winkgrin:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hi,

Make sure all the protocols are on all the computer ofcourse including all TCP/IP Protocols, Make sure all computers have the same network Clients, including "Client For Microsoft Network"........... But Most Importantly, make sure the computers are using the SAME Protocols.......

Plus, You can go into the router settings by typing its IP in the address bar of Internet Explorer, and Check the Security Settings.

Try Pinging one of the computers, from the other.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Da Tru Masta:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.