Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have installed Windows Vista on my iMac via Boot Camp and am having a few problems.

The install goes swimmingly, and then I put in my OS X install disk to load the drivers. That goes fine as well, at which point Vista tells me to restart the computer for the driver changes to take effect. I do this, and when Vista reboots, I get a normal looking black screen with a scrolling green loading bar.

This is where it gets hairy. At this point, the loading bar goes away, and the screen is black, but still backlit. Then, the backlighting goes away and it just sits as if it were asleep. I can hear things that sound like normal loadings and processes going on but nothing will come up on the screen.

I was thinking maybe it had something to do with video drivers, or the fact that I am using a Dell install disk. Was going to try and save 100$ by installing this old Vista disk and then getting up to Windows 7 via upgrade.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
-cameron

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those instructions were a bit hard to follow.

I installed MacFUSE, wasn't clear on how to access the directory files through it. When I located the atikmdag.sys file, I was unable to delete it. It says it can't be moved to the trash because it can't be deleted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.