Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have Norton Utilities 2005 Premier and Norton Antivirus 2005 installed on my machine. Bought the discount bundle of Webroot at COMPUSA. I'm able to install SPAM SHREDDER just fine, but it simply won't scan my email in OUTLOOK 2002. SPAM SHREDDER is supposed to scan the email when I open up OUTLOOK. I've tried the auto-configure and hand configured the email account and it still won't scan. When I do bring up OUTLOOK I can see that the "symantec email scanner" goes into action so I'm guessing that SPAM SHREDDER can't find the email cause Norton is getting it. Is this simply a conflice I can not resolve? Anyone else trying to mix and match Norton and Webroot?
Thanks,
Joe

P

·
0 Posts
I would think there is a conflict there. I am sure you can disable it in norton's control center.

Personal opinion : If I had the webroot suite. I would just remove norton, get the free version of AVG ( i use it at work and home ) and relax :D If you want a firewall in addition you may get a free firewall from zonelabs . This combo would beat norton 2005 anywhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.