Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , Its been about 2 weeks since i got my new Vaio cs laptop pc and haven't had any problems until i imported a dvd to my hd ,that same night messenger 9 suddenly stopped responding , tried to close it , nothing happens , try to start task manager, impossible ,the hard disk led lights every 1 sec in the same pattern , that is the computer is not processing anything , cant start any application , so i have to force-shutdown the pc , i tried to uninstall messenger and used many tricks to remove messenger completely and reinstall it the same problem preserves , so i settled down with messenger 8.5 and it works perfectly , but i really need to find out what the problem is , and also i installed java net beans and the same problem happened when i tried to open a new application inside the program , so i uninstalled it and reinstalled but now the program is not complete and i cant use all of its features , it is useless in other words . anyhow i am worried if it is a hardware problem then i should return the pc .
(i don't think importing the dvd is related to the problem like havin imported a virus or spyware through it because i have scanned the pc for both several times. but i thought i should mention the detail ... )
If anyone can Help ,it would be most appreciated ....
thanks .

·
Awesom-O 4000
1,241 Posts
From the description there is no way it is a hardware problem. It is just a conflict between messenger and some program install on your computer. I don't know if you will ever find out which program is causing it though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't think so , because i tried disabling all start up processes in safe mode then logged in normally , started messenger only and computer stops responding again , that is how i figured out it was messenger by the way ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.