Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I was recently playing AOE3 and my monitor went into standby mode (yellow instead of green). i thought loose connection or signal error or something, so I turned it off and on, but no luck. so I rebooted the computer, and the motherboard gives the error announced on the speakers, "system failed VGA test". I turn it off, wait a second, then turn it on again, and it works, boots, no problem. go to play AOE 3 again, and same thing happens. Also, today I left it on in the morning and when I come back I find the monitor has no signal again. overheating video card or something? please help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick response, will try that as soon as i get my hands on some compressed air. did i mention that I played complete full games of AOE3 on it like 4 or 5 times? it worked fine before, now, even when I reduce the settings, it wont last more than a minute... really wierd... :4-dontkno

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Odd, i play a normal single player game, nothing happens, (and my armies are huge, so thats a lot of rendering! :grin: )

EDit: it could also be the table fan pointed at the motherboard right now :sayyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.