Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my issue seems to be an issue that my video card is not properly recognizing alpha channel transparency in either the nif file (the mesh), or the dds file (the texture).

I'm playing the fallout series now and downloaded several clothing mods that were supposed to be translucent but in my game they appeared like normal, non translucent cloth. The people there directed me here.

I have tried adjusting the AA mode to performance already but it doesn't work.

These are the stats of my graphic card.

Primary Adapter
Graphics Card Manufacturer Powered by AMD
Graphics Chipset ATI Radeon HD 5670
Device ID 68D8
Vendor 1002

Subsystem ID E166
Subsystem Vendor ID 174B

Graphics Bus Capability PCI Express 2.0
Maximum Bus Setting PCI Express 2.0 x16

BIOS Version 012.020.000.047
BIOS Part Number 113-C02301H-H12
BIOS Date 2010/11/30

Memory Size 512 MB
Memory Type GDDR5

Core Clock in MHz 775 MHz
Memory Clock in MHz 950 MHz
Total Memory Bandwidth in GByte/s 60.8 GByte/s

Driver Packaging Version 8.85-110419a-118908C-ATI
Catalyst Version 11.5
Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1152
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0001
Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0833
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.10750
Catalyst Control Center Version 2011.0308.2325.42017

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's the only game thus far. As for the driver, I bought my graphic card about 1/2 a yr ago and the person I bought it frm updated it to the latest version for me then. Do I have to update it again?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh just to add extra confirmation. I experienced the problem in two games. Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It is important for you to keep your video drivers up to date. New drivers come out monthly and are needed for stability and performance of recent games and can have fixes for not so older ones. Go here monthly to update drivers.
AMD Graphics Drivers & Software
Remember to uninstall old drivers via programs and features before installing new ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright. So what file do I uninstall? I see an ATI catalyst install manager but it doesn't seem like the right program to uninstall. What should the driver's name look like?

·
Registered
160 Posts
That is the right program to uninstall. The easy way to do it is when selecting your video driver from the ATI site you will have the option of auto detect and install. The process will be automated (it will uninstall the old and reinstall the new) and the only thing you will need to do is restart when completed. The control center also has an auto update feature and will inform you when a new driver is released.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Could be a problem with the mod it self. These things don't always work the way they are supposed to. Check and see if there is an updated version of the mod your using. What was the name of the mod you are using? I assume you are not haveing any other graphics issues?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well it's happening with two different mods from different authors, so it's probably something on my system. As for the mods, it's Dragongirl Dress and Type 3 Dimonized clothes I think. As for other issues, well, in my game, the colour red doesn't appear as vibrant as it should be. That's all, I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.