Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem with several textboxes on a form. I use Dreamweaver 8 with Javascript for any client side programming. They are initialized as having a background of white and then when I test the webpage in a browser the background color changes to a yellow. I am using HTML to define the background color, so that it is as basic as I can make it. Could the browser be making this change by some default, what can I do to make the background color always stay white no matter what?

Thank you, I really apreciate any help on this one.

Thanks

·
Registered
625 Posts
@ simba111: I've made some forms, but I never had the problem with the background color. Could you show us the code you are using?

BTW Does this happen in IE or in FF and Opera as well?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi,

This problem seems to be only in IE, specifically I am using IE 6.0, on a computer that I have done all my web development for the ContactUs page from the below website. I also tried IE 6.0 on a different computer and I did not see the same problem. I tried changing internet options under the Tools section of the IE menu bar, but nothing seems to make a difference.

Look at this website for an example: www.mybusinesspartners.com.

Thank you so much for your assistance

·
Registered
211 Posts
Simba,
That link is broken.

·
Registered
625 Posts
@ Simba111: I checked the form in IE6, FF2, Opera9 and in all there was no yellow background whatsoever. I think that it is a setting in your IE-browser, also since you yourself describe that you do not see it on another computer.

Does the color only change when you 'activate' the text box?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The textboxes turn yellow once I have started typing into the webpage, but it could be from a previous day. I have tried to change the colors option in the Internet option screen and then all the the 5 textboxes are white. This is unfortunately temporary, because after I submit the form, 3 of the 5 textboxes turn yellow again. From that point on the boxes 1, 4, and 5 are yellow and boxes 2 and 3 are white.

I believe my answer to your question is yes, I am assuming that I am activiating it, because I am typing into the textbox. If I am misunderstanding the meaning of activating, please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
625 Posts
@ Simba111: Yes, that was what I meant. But I must say that I now have no clue what it could be. It seems to have to do something with specifically your IE6 and perhaps a setting in your OS, but I could not tell you where to look...

Anyway, other people do not see this so I wouldn't worry to much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yes I agree, I am probably making a bigger issue out of this than needs to be, but these are the things that bother me. I told my client the same thing and I think I am set for now. Thanks for all your time and I am really impressed on the timeliness of your respone. Being in business for myself it is nice to know there is somewhere we can turn to for support.

One last question as a side note: what recommendations do you have for good and reasonable online web training classes for example Javascript or PHP? Especially somewhere I can work towards a reputable web master type accreditation.

I realize that you do not back any school up in any way, I am just looking for either a referral or recommendation.

Thanks for all your help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.