Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have problem with shutdown button.when i shutdown my laptop,that is not turn down.the power button stay open,and the laptop is like hibernate.so when i want to open it i must push the button first for some minutes to close from motherboard,and after i open it.i have checked the power options and the taskbar option ,and there is not problem.SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH.:facepalm:

·
Enthusiast
4,527 Posts
It sounds like you've got the laptop's power-off button configured for "Hibernate" instead of for "Shutdown". If you continue to keep the button pressed down to force it to shutdown suddenly, you will cause errors in the Windows filing system which may eventually prevent Windows from starting.

Go to Control Panel > Power Options.
In the left pane, click "Choose what the power buttons do"
Where it says "When I press the power button.." click the down-arrow and select "Shut down"

Now click "Save Changes".

Now all you need to do is give the power button a quick push and Windows should shut down properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the choice in control panel "when i press shut down button" is "shut down".also i have changed the choice in taskbar.but there is still the problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.