Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is in the right section but here goes... we have two computers, the second one has suddenly stopped giving us internet access, was fine one minute, gone the next. We have a wireless router. My hubby has taken the adapter(which goes in the second computer stack) out and re-inserted, have tried the software to install again, also before this, we set the PC back to factory settings as we first thought this could be avirus) appears it wasnt and still nothing works. The computer has recongnised the router software but keeps saying 'network connection unplugged.' Any help would be grateful as its doing our heads in now. Thanks!

·
Citizen of the world
51,139 Posts
Is this wired or wireless? What is the make/model of the wireless router and the wireless card? What version and patch level of Windows on the problem machine? Are you using WZC or a 3rd party wireless client?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this wired or wireless? What is the make/model of the wireless router and the wireless card? What version and patch level of Windows on the problem machine? Are you using WZC or a 3rd party wireless client?

Its a wireless-G linksys
thats all I know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies..since then I have got it working again. The software started to work after I left the computer off for a day. But last night, after working for 4 days, it went off again! Same thing..saying 'wireless network unplugged' etc, I went upstairs to get the Linksys disc to reinstall, and my daughter went downstairs and shouted 'its back on'..sure enough the internet was back on. Im very suspicious..could my daughter be doing something that can cause the wireless network not to work or is it faulty router software?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Could be interference from 2.4 GHz cordless phones and/or microwave oven in the house??

Could also be interference from a close wireless network causing weak wireless signal as well?

Try forcing a channel channel change in the router and see what happens.

JamesO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.