Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im having a problem getting my 9700 pro to work in 8x. The SMARTGART in my control pannel automatically sets my card to 4x.
I guess it does this when the system would be unstable setting it to 8x. But i dont know why my system would be unstable. Anyone have any suggestions as to how i could get it to work in 8x...

My System:
P4 2.5 GHz
Asus P4C800 Deluxe
1 gig RAM 2700
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (Most Recent Drivers)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don’t think I can answer that question without some more information first. What is your Bios version number for that motherboard? Is that the P4C800-E Deluxe or the P4C800 Deluxe? What does the video settings say in Bios? Is this a new build or are you replacing an older video card?

If your running anything less then Bios version 1010 then I would suggest flashing your Bios to version 1011. Version 1011 is the latest version for the P4C800-E Deluxe. I had problems with my P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard until I flashed the Bios on my system. This may work for you as well. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, its the P4C800 Deluxe and my bios version is 1006. I built this computer like 5 months ago. Its my first one so im kind of a newb at this stuff.

Advanced Chipset Settings

Configure DRAM Timing by spd [Enabled]
Performance Acceleration Mode [Enabled]

DRAM Idle Timer [Auto]
DRAM Refresh Rate [Auto]
Graphic Adapter Priority [AGP\PCI]

Graphics Aperture Size [128mb]
Spread Spectrum [Enabled]
ICH Delayed Transaction [Enabled]

MPS Revision [1.4]

I hope this is the info you need...thx for trying to help me out.

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I updated my bios the other day but 8x still didnt work. I just installed new drivers for my chipset and now it WORKS!!!...thank god. Thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Sweet! Glad your problem is solved!
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.