Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to open port 3306 in order to install MySQL. I went to the Firewall dialog box, exceptions, and added 3306.

When I do netstat -aon I get

TCP [::]:3306 [::]:0 LISTENING 4132

I think it should be associated with localhost (just a guess). I tried changing the scope to 127.0.0.1 or the machine IP, or even every computer (internet) but still no dice. Just not sure what I'm doing wrong.

RON

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another thing: I edited the exception list for the Firewall removing 3306; saved, exited and rebooted. While the port is no longer on the exception list, it appears in netstat -aon. WHY?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For sure 3306 is open in my windows firewall. BUT even when I disable the firewall I get the same error. Is there any way I can find out what is blocking this port? If I try another port, same problem.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,131 Posts
Are you using a Router? Go into the Routers Setup and look for Port Forwarding and make an exception for that particular port.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a LinkSys Router. I did go to the Admin page. All I could find is "Filter Anonymous Internet Requests". If you meant that, it didn't work. Is there something else?

RON

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.